Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisallard5454
I don't think he was referring to the people who were against the project. He said he could understand them. He was referring to some of the absolutely ridiculous comments that took place on the C.S on the site. Arguments can be made for and against this project and both are valid, simply because there are many negatives associated with this project, as well as positives. However some of the things that were said on the comments section were beyond ridiculous, not to mention completely ignorant, speculative, and completely irrational. Sometimes from both ends.
|
Thanks. The last time I commented here I was too strident on my support (for the building as a Museum, even if a National Music Museum or some-such), leaving little room for criticism of initial approval, budgeting or management. However, I've said (if not here) that there should have been an audit of the board and more attention form the Feds (instead of the Cons using it as little more than an election ploy).
That said, the whole "waste of money" refrain sounded a little too similar to the supposed lack of ambition that held Winnipeg back during the long, slow slide in the 1990s that some people automatically react. And then when you factor in the Aspers, it's hard for some people to filter out criticism of the perceived incompetence of Izzys kids from the insane Judenhass we got in those comments.