HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted May 1, 2012, 11:03 PM
SkydivePilot SkydivePilot is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: REGINA
Posts: 2,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan0myte View Post
... via a Turboprop airplane.

I know Bombardier says it's one of the quietest turboprops in production, but that's like saying I just let out one of the quietest farts ever. It's still got the same stink.
I'll back-up Robag here. The Q400 employs active cabin noise reduction ---- and they are VERY quiet!!! I hear this all of the time about when people see a 'turboprop-driven' aircraft, they typically think that these aforementioned turboprops are attavisms to DC-3s. Furthermore, turboprop-driven-type aircraft are far, far more efficient on fuel than even the smaller, high by-pass-type turbofans (of similar calibre).

With regards to short-haul flights, a Q400 will be just as expedient as a B737. (On a long-haul flight, maybe not quite as much.)

Like it or not, turboprops are here to stay ---- forever.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:42 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.