HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #861  
Old Posted Mar 22, 2012, 8:05 PM
GMasterAres GMasterAres is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hamburg
Posts: 3,128
Same proposal. 11-0334
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #862  
Old Posted Apr 2, 2012, 8:55 PM
CoryHolmes CoryHolmes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,031
So I just got a notice in my mail from the city of Surrey. It's a development notice that the parcels across the street from D'Cor and D'Corize are going forward with their development.

The letter states that:

1 26-storeys/68 metres with 248 apartment units and 6 ground-oriented townhouse suites.

1 32 storey/83 metres tower with 302 apartment units.

A small, one storey commercial component is proposed at the southwest corner at the intersection of University Drive and 104 Avenue.

569 resident parking spaces, 56 visitor parking spaces, and 10 commercial parking spaces will be constructed, all underground. The lot will be accessed by a new east-west lane through the middle of the site.


The letter also stresses that this is just a notice of application, not a warning of construction and that everything can change and go cockeyed in the future (okay, so I paraphrased that last part).
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #863  
Old Posted Apr 3, 2012, 3:36 AM
Diet Butcher Diet Butcher is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 159
Awesome, is this the Bosa Development?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #864  
Old Posted Apr 3, 2012, 4:15 AM
cornholio cornholio is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,916
Sounds like allot of developments trying to move forward lately. Could it be that developers are sensing a downturn and would prefer to offload their holdings and get their projects built(assuming pre sales meet their marks) before their stuck sitting on their investments for the next decade?

Not a conspiracy theory but we are moving towards a big oversupply of condo units and the future looks a bit bleak, and it seems like there has been a surge of new projects pushing forward. Not a good sign in my eyes, reminds me a bit of what happened with the banks a few years back. When everyone sensed things were getting out of hand they just pushed forward even more, and then the first big player to see the end a week or two away did a massive sell off to reduce their loses and triggered the collapse.

Now I see developers pushing projects forward, maybe one day which ever one of the big players sees the end first will put the breaks on and try to unload all their product and trigger our long overdue housing market collapse.

Anyway its still nice to see all these projects moving forward and I hope they do get built eventually, Surrey sure could use them.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #865  
Old Posted Apr 8, 2012, 10:23 AM
GMasterAres GMasterAres is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hamburg
Posts: 3,128
This is the best place to put these I'd imagine since it is Surrey Central specific. Based on some models I have and received from various people on these forums or offline (or built myself), I've put together some images of Surrey Center from today to 2016 based on the most likely to be completed or at least built projects on the list.

First set are viewed from Eaglequest Golf Center (United Blvd area on Coquitlam):

Surrey 2012 (minus Citypoint, as I have no model for the project). Just add 2 towers next to Gateway in your mind lol.



Surrey 2013 (Ultra topped out)



Surrey 2015 (Wave and Park Avenue [former Skytowers])



Surrey 2016-2017 (Bosa phase 1, Century Tower, 46 Storey 100th ave, Holland Pointe, King George Dev)



This second set and the images are larger so I won't post as thumbnails, would be from New Westminster.

2012
2013
2015
2016-2017

The following set are looking North(ish) from about Park Place currently, bird's eye.

2012
2013
2015
2016-2017

Note I also am not including models for the 2 new medical buildings around Surrey Memorial or the residential tower next to CRA. I don' thave models for them yet and I am also suspicious that they won't be visible due to their heights. The residential may but not hugely important.

So all this is still speculation minus Ultra which is already under construction, but things look good the direction things are going. also note some of the projects may actually be later to completion (2018-2020) and a few are still prelim design.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #866  
Old Posted Apr 8, 2012, 1:07 PM
vansky vansky is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 928
2017 looks pretty hopeful...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #867  
Old Posted Apr 8, 2012, 3:37 PM
Whalleyboy's Avatar
Whalleyboy Whalleyboy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Surrey
Posts: 2,014
if i recall correctly the 46 storey tower beside sky tower the smaller one of the two towers is actually located more towards the other short tower thats already there
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #868  
Old Posted Apr 9, 2012, 3:07 AM
theQ theQ is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 145
tower, SFU Residence & Office Building

I just noticed that the Surrey Development Corporation has updated their website (I look every week or so)...

They have a new write-up on the proposed tower (They've labelled it "Civic Tower" which is interesting).

They have a picture of a proposed SFU Residence & Lecture Theatre.

They also have a picture on a proposed office tower that will be built by Bosa on the corner of 104th/Surrey Parkway...

Here's the link.

http://surreycitydevelopment.com/projects
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #869  
Old Posted Apr 9, 2012, 4:35 AM
Whalleyboy's Avatar
Whalleyboy Whalleyboy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Surrey
Posts: 2,014
I see they have a bosa one up there too for the corner of city park way and 104 ave.

I like how they got bosa supporting their LRT dreams in that picture
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #870  
Old Posted Apr 9, 2012, 5:09 AM
GMasterAres GMasterAres is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hamburg
Posts: 3,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalleyboy View Post
if i recall correctly the 46 storey tower beside sky tower the smaller one of the two towers is actually located more towards the other short tower thats already there
Yah not sure what that is going to end up with. The _ONLY_ information I can find on it is on Civicsurrey and I based my stand in model on what he has there and the placement there + the concord skytowers height compare image. When I went to the Surrey web site the planning report for the project are error 404 not found.

Either way from the distances I'm showing it won't move much left or right.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #871  
Old Posted Apr 9, 2012, 6:31 AM
CoryHolmes CoryHolmes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalleyboy View Post
I see they have a bosa one up there too for the corner of city park way and 104 ave.

I like how they got bosa supporting their LRT dreams in that picture
I thought Bosa was going to demolish the former Brick/former Bright/current Sears outlet store. Or is this development across the street and on the other side of City Parkway?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #872  
Old Posted Apr 9, 2012, 8:54 PM
Diet Butcher Diet Butcher is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 159
I see they mention the SFU Residence in that link as well... Haven't heard much about them lately, they seem to keep getting delayed...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #873  
Old Posted Apr 9, 2012, 11:50 PM
theQ theQ is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diet Butcher View Post
I see they mention the SFU Residence in that link as well... Haven't heard much about them lately, they seem to keep getting delayed...
I was happy to see this mentioned again... This is the first time that I've seen the lecture theatre mentioned though. I also wish that the link would show the proposed location of the residence... I think that the original plan was to have it located where the temporary library parking lot is located... BUT, the proposed plans for the civic centre area also showed future SFU buildings. I'd prefer seeing this residence and lecture hall somewhere within the civic centre block - preferably where east ice rink is presently located, or perhaps where the rec centre parking lot is.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #874  
Old Posted Apr 10, 2012, 12:10 AM
Nites Nites is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Surrey, BC
Posts: 1,558
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #875  
Old Posted Apr 10, 2012, 2:10 AM
CoryHolmes CoryHolmes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster View Post
I haven't been totally thrilled with the artist renderings so far. Looks pretty concrete-y and boxy and uninspiring-y. But this picture is beginning to win me over...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #876  
Old Posted Apr 10, 2012, 2:47 AM
SFUVancouver's Avatar
SFUVancouver SFUVancouver is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 6,731
^ Judging by that render I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the hotel component looks like it is window wall, while the residential tower appears to be curtain wall. That's surprising; I would have thought it would be the other way around.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #877  
Old Posted Apr 10, 2012, 3:14 AM
CoryHolmes CoryHolmes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFUVancouver View Post
^ Judging by that render I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the hotel component looks like it is window wall, while the residential tower appears to be curtain wall. That's surprising; I would have thought it would be the other way around.
Time to wear my skyscraper noob-hat, but what's the difference?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #878  
Old Posted Apr 10, 2012, 3:31 AM
Nites Nites is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Surrey, BC
Posts: 1,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryHolmes View Post
Time to wear my skyscraper noob-hat, but what's the difference?
Window walls are a lot cheaper than curtain walls. However, curtain walls look better, last longer, and have a better seal.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #879  
Old Posted Apr 10, 2012, 3:37 AM
Nites Nites is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Surrey, BC
Posts: 1,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryHolmes View Post
Time to wear my skyscraper noob-hat, but what's the difference?
Here's an example:

Window Wall:



Curtain Wall:



The window wall has a bunch of structural framing in it to support the window as the curtain wall basically has none and only uses maybe some aluminum for support.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #880  
Old Posted Jul 21, 2012, 6:25 AM
TheEmotionalstone TheEmotionalstone is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surrey
Posts: 39
Tien Sher's "Quattro West" development is now in Surrey's July 23 planning reports. The proposal has 4 towers and is 5.5 FAR (above the 3.5 FAR set by the city).

http://www.surrey.ca/bylawsandcouncillibrary/PLR_7912-0172-00.pdf

(On another note, a crane went up at the City Centre Professional Building being built by the Lark Group last night (July 19/20) - http://www.citycentreprofessionalbldg.com/ - 207.6.222.140:2424/view/viewer_index.shtml?id=637)
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:23 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.