HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Mar 25, 2012, 8:58 PM
Syndic's Avatar
Syndic Syndic is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Cedar Park, TX
Posts: 1,980
You know, I wouldn't mind this too much if this is what we get. It's not awe-inspiring, but it's just enough to not be a total disappointment.

I agree that twin towers are gimmicky. I wish they would make one slightly taller than the other and change the crowns so that they each look different and unique in some way. As you can see, they are different-looking. They're not identical. But the difference is mostly at the bases. What matters to me if the tops of the buildings. Because that's what people notice.

I wouldn't panic about the bland design. I trust that Trammel Crow would make the finished product look pretty cool. I'm intrigued by the idea that there's a third tower we're not really seeing in that rendering. Better (and more) renderings would be nice.

Regardless, building these would invigorate that area of downtown to an extent we've never seen before. With this and the Seaholm district done, I would actually feel like my city is something to be proud of. Right now, it just feels unfinished and kind of a mess. I mean, just think about it. This is going to create new blocks and streets and intersections! Places to go in Austin that weren't there before.

So, with some minor modifications to this design, I'll be satisfied. Those buildings are pretty tall. It could have been a lot worse. I wish we could just get some sort of guarantee from them, though, instead of this "based on market conditions" —.
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:40 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.