Posted Mar 24, 2012, 10:07 PM
|
|
Registered User
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Seattle
Posts: 19
|
|
RE: "We will continue to keep and attract all sorts of white collar technical and arts related professionals."
I don't think we've been attracting white collar technical jobs in the past few years. Based on my experience in past few years, I'd say that our white collar job pool has thinned out with the higher paying and decision making positions moving away and, at best, being replaced by maintenance and support positions.
Specifically, in my area of work, which is Software Development, in the past few years, we saw Intuit move out, Bioware thin out, and Telus development positions evaporate. I know this from people affected by these events. We are talking about six figure kind of positions occupied by the kind of people that like to hang out and spend money in downtown.
|