Curvy buildings are a new development in architecture. Look at Canary Wharf which was developed over the last 20 years. It's all boxes. There's a certain city in a certain flat area in the middle of the US which also has a lot of tall buildings, and they're largely boxes.
I don't think that a spire would look good on this. It just doesn't seem like it would flow, but if there is a spire, im sure they'd make it look good, but i don't think this should be
I don't think that a spire would look good on this. It just doesn't seem like it would flow, but if there is a spire, im sure they'd make it look good, but i don't think this should be
A spire would ruin this building. The design, as rendered, looks great as it is.
Does everyone agree that 15 Penn Plaza looks relatively similar to the Diwang International Fortune Centre (renderings) in Liuzhou.
Before pinpointing the differences JUST say if you agree if it looks similar.
I can see where you see the similarity. Both are nice looking buildings, either of which I would happily see constructed in Toronto. We could do with a few of that height.
In reality the Diwang International Fortune Centre would suite NYC more, because it's not curvy, something NYC isn't used to. Change is good, but if 'something isn't broken you shouldn't fix it'.
In reality the Diwang International Fortune Centre would suite NYC more, because it's not curvy, something NYC isn't used to. Change is good, but if 'something isn't broken you shouldn't fix it'.
I dont agree with that attitude, just because New York is used to boxy designs doesnt mean we should automatically shut out all other dynamic geometry and shapes in designs proposed for the city.
^ Hey I never said that we should shut out everything else. I love the design. I'd love it even more if it didn't intrude on the ESB's privacy (was a bit shorter). The stuff going on with the Hudson Yards, 56 Leonard, One 57, the Pyramid on 57th Street, the Mercedes House, IS ALL welcome by me. But I wouldn't have a problem if the Chinese building was built either, to me it's the same. They literally look the same, just one has more aerodynamics than the other, which is fine.
I welcome variety in the city's skyline. If a building here was built to the listed height, it would be interesting to see how many more developers attempt to build ever taller buildings close to the ESB. If this is to be the first, I would pick the one TBA posted.
Bot buildings are ok, but I prefer the Diwang International Fortune Centrer. It has more interesting things going on at the top and it seems taller because it is thinner.
Bot buildings are ok, but I prefer the Diwang International Fortune Centrer. It has more interesting things going on at the top and it seems taller because it is thinner.
Yeah. This thing is too short for its girth. Looks too bulky.
Pelli recently posted images on his website. We've seen this before, but it's so nice that it's worth posting again. I like the Hotel Penn, but I look forward to this tower nonetheless. I like the 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 in the facade.