I love almost every design proposal from Lamb, he chooses great firms. I don't have a very favourable view of most Toronto architecture firms. Clewes is a complete snooze.
I just heard from a trustworthy source that Vrancor intends to move the crane from the Staybridge Hotel straight to the Federal Building site and start construction immediately on this project. This would save on transportation costs. No building permits have been issued yet, but that is what they are planning on. If the city moves to approve building as quickly as it did to approve demolition, I could see this happening!
This is the site of where the two 20 floor buildings will be at Main and Caroline.
We're seeing more and more of that. Especially on buildings that sit on corners leading to more older and established neighbourhoods. It helps soften the blow of a large building abutting smaller residential buildings.a
Scale model of King's Wharf development under construction in Dartmouth:
- 2 ~14-story buildings are currently under construction, and the development also includes a 33-story condo building that is out of frame in the photo of the model:
Scale model of King's Wharf development under construction in Dartmouth:
I really hope they tweak the fenestration on this thing...kings wharf is a badly needed intervention for dartmouth's waterfront and i'm cool with its scale and massing, but those elevations are quite a mess imo.
true that. But I don't think anything is going to be tweaked. The 2 shorter towers in the back are already topped out and nearly finished exterior work... and out of all the crappy elevations in that whole thing, I'd say those two towers really take the cake. Usually in a development like this, the buildings behind the other ones would be taller as to offer the upper floors a wicked view of the Halifax harbour. Whatever though. At least Kings Wharf Tower is a stunning building in every sense
I love almost every design proposal from Lamb, he chooses great firms. I don't have a very favourable view of most Toronto architecture firms. Clewes is a complete snooze.
Funny you say that. Brad Lamb uses almost exclusively Core and aA.
Funny you say that. Brad Lamb uses almost exclusively Core and aA.
I'm a huge fan of Core and aA as well. I find it funny when people knock those two firms when they continue to design great buildings. It all boils down to what the developer wants and is willing to pay for. Those two firms most love working with him as they get to show off their talent without scaling back, or going through the dreaded cheapening we see with other developers looking to save a buck.
I'm a huge fan of Core and aA as well. I find it funny when people knock those two firms when they continue to design great buildings. It all boils down to what the developer wants and is willing to pay for. Those two firms most love working with him as they get to show off their talent without scaling back, or going through the dreaded cheapening we see with other developers looking to save a buck.
Their talent at hitting "Ctrl + V" is fantastic, I must admit.
I'm a huge fan of Core and aA as well. I find it funny when people knock those two firms when they continue to design great buildings. It all boils down to what the developer wants and is willing to pay for. Those two firms most love working with him as they get to show off their talent without scaling back, or going through the dreaded cheapening we see with other developers looking to save a buck.
Their talent at hitting "Ctrl + V" is fantastic, I must admit.
Which one? Core was the only Canadian firm to make it into Wallpaper magazine's 101 World's Most Exciting New Architects. I wish I had the Ctrl + V on my computer that they have. Yes they do fall back on certain design styles, but all architecture firms do that. This is why clients go to them, they like their signature looks.