Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc
Yeah but the difference is, as the other skylines improve constantly, as Vancouver's, Calgary's and Regina's have, Toronto seems set to begin a regression if some of these towers aren't redesigned, or risk losing the lake front vantage as the most beautiful angle to view the skyline.
|
I for one have always found the lakefront view to be the least beautiful angle of the skyline. Like I said earlier it was ruined back in the 70's but in reality ever since the first building was erected 200 years ago it's never really had a great waterfront presence from the inner harbour. In fact the inner harbour view is the most limiting of the entire skyline which extends north past Bloor. It seems like the majority of postcard pictures we see are from the ferry going out to the Island when in reality there are so many better angles of the city. Perhaps once the once all the waterfront projects are complete that view will improve, but to say it's getting worse and not better is a little unjustified.
Seen from the spit those towers will be in between the core and the tower.
Viewed from the west they will be to the right of the tower.
From the north you won't even see them.
And from the east they will be seen to the left of the core.
I do get your point, I'm just suggesting that view had been ruined years ago, and also that has never been the best vantage point for the city.