Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan
The Cornwall food court is always packed. And it also does well because there is such a concentration of office workers that pick stuff up throughout the say or stop by after work. I believe I was reading somewhere that it has one of the highest sales per sq ft values in the country. Or at least one I'd the highest for the company that owns the mall.
The Galleria also failed party because of the Cornwall. There just wasn't enough need for two malls right next to each other downtown. My mom told me quite a whole ago that when the Cornwall opened, the good stores at the galleria shifted to the Cornwall and then the Galleria died a slow and painful death.
|
Before the Galleria there was the Midtown Shopping Centre in the same location. It even had a full grocery store in the basement. In the late 80's
after the Cornwall was built, the building and the office tower were completely re-done inside and out, not unlike the recent renos to make it federal offices a few years ago. The Galleria had numerous interesting and unique stores when it first opened. three levels including a food court. After about 10 years it was pretty much toast. I believe a few stores may have ended up in the Cornwall.