Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonny
I am not sure the numbers given in the above cited link are right...at least they don't match the CoV counting and in some case deviate from it very seriously.
here below are the number coming from CoV (click on the picture)
The link above doesn't say your conclusion is not valid, but it tempers it a bit.
|
Hey, I read your references for your traffic statements. Since your lane capacities seems really high, given the congestion we already know happens.
According to your own reference you seem to have overstated lane capacity. Vancouver has a tendency to have narrow roadways. Some lanes around here are under 3m wide.
As a base most downtown roads would fall in UAP3 or UAP4. I wouldn't say any of the main thoroughfares have lanes wider than 3.6m; so each lane would be between 750 vph to 1110 vph. Then theres a nerf factor to trucks and busses, probably about 100 vph.
If you're pessimistic, lane capacity could be as low as 650 vehicles per hour per lane in spots.