
for god sakes, do you people even read my posts here??? i swear you skim over the parts that I support having proper care for those with mental illnesses.
I have seen a lot of people turn to bags of — because of drugs, some because of mental illnesses, and I agree they did not receive the proper care they should have got before turning to drugs, but many others just because they were idiots. Some of them have been rehabilitated and have used social programs available to them, but others have completely continued to abuse the system and become useless to society with no good excuse. In those cases I do support forced rehab.
It may not be the PC thing to do, but some people are just leaches, thats it. Some try to better themselves, some are mentally or physically unable to better themselves, and they need all the help we can give them, but some choose to be bums because they are unwilling to play by anyone else's rules period.
And they drain resources needed to help those I listed above.
And don't give me the "you don't understand" —, mental illness runs through my family, I am much more well aware of it then you may imagine. As does addiction and many other disabilities (physical as well). And through those most in my family have become pretty keen in observing who truly needs help, and who is a leach.
Because this is the classic problem with our society today, every addiction, every problem is blamed on someone or something else. Some are, but just as many are not. No one seems to have any form of self discipline anymore.
Just as I cited with the begging losers on Cambie. Designer clothing, smoking cigarettes, young and able bodied, but begging. Disgusting.
I am a hard handed socialist. Also having my mother and brother in law working for social services I have heard enough first hand accounts about abusing the system and just how many of these "deserving" individuals are complete scammers and losers.
You would be disgusted how many people abuse food drives and the selecting christmas families through schools every year. I use to help deliver the presents and food with my mom, and there were some families who truly had tragic stories and / or were trying to provide for their kids and make their own way who needed the help. Those were the sad but also heart warming moments that made the giving feel so good. But then for every one of those families, there were the families who were completely abusing the system and made giving the donations feel terrible.
And what pisses me off most about that is so much more could be given to the families and people in need if so much was not syphoned off by the scammers and rats.
So bottom line is, if these people have mental illnesses and are trashing their beds and stealing wiring to sell it for drugs on the streets, then why are they in Social Housing and not a proper medical facility?
That is my beef, why do we not have mental hospitals and other such facilities to house these people?
end rant, I am done for tonight.
Let it be said I support the social housing, but there is no reason not everyone should be expected to try and follow some form of rules.