Smaller cities like London warrant a sub-forum on this site because there simply isn't enough activity to warrant a standalone website. (Just check LoveLondon... nothing but tumbleweed.)
I hate how many sections we have in our London Local. I feel like our little hole in the wall would be way more active if we took a leaf out of Edmonton's book and went with a subforum style. People don't really comment on older threads because no one is ever browsing the actual sections.
Since all we do is check the last 10 active topics list, why not cut out the middleman and and ditch the silly sections?
I'd imagine we'd have to contact an admin and maybe have a formal vote. Does anyone know which staff member we should be talking with?
It's nice to see I'm not alone in thinking this change might boost activity here. It would be nice to hear other opinions on the matter. Like do you guys think we should cut all the fat and move to a subforum (Edmonton and Waterloo Region style), or maybe just trim off 2 or 3 sections.
I'd say two sub forums would be plenty. One for actual developments (of the name/stories/hight/status type) and one for everything else. Throw some stickies at the top for transportation, development rumours and one or two others and we'd have a really streamlined and efficient forum.
Meh, I'm fine with the way things are. Sure there's many sections (which aren't really that hard to look through), but once you dig up an old thread and post something, it's on the top 10 for at least a week or so, giving ample time for people to comment. Sure we could be a bit more streamlined, but I really don't care either way.