HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates


View Poll Results: What do you think of the design?
I love it! 156 44.70%
It's good. 134 38.40%
I don't like it. 28 8.02%
Nuke it from Orbit (waste of taxpayers dollars) 31 8.88%
Voters: 349. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1541  
Old Posted Sep 24, 2011, 4:58 PM
Wentworth Wentworth is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Wentworth
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by monocle View Post
I thought the welds would be ground down perfectly before painting.
Is there not an expectation of smoothness?
At first I thought you were being picky, but now I see what you are talking about...

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1542  
Old Posted Sep 24, 2011, 5:24 PM
monocle's Avatar
monocle monocle is offline
cow orker
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wentworth View Post
At first I thought you were being picky, but now I see what you are talking about...
I was thinking there may be 'interior' finishes to cover that mess up.
I was being picky about the centre of the 'x' to the left of centre on the exterior in the second picture.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1543  
Old Posted Sep 24, 2011, 9:19 PM
jsbertram jsbertram is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by monocle View Post
I was thinking there may be 'interior' finishes to cover that mess up.
I was being picky about the centre of the 'x' to the left of centre on the exterior in the second picture.
That can be fixed with a bit of bondo. Better do it now while they have easy access from the ground.
Perhaps we can get the SAIT automotive students to work on it as a class project.

I'm more surprised by the 'horizontal rippling' on the NE diagonal piece.
I hope that doesn't suggest buckling of the structure is happening already.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1544  
Old Posted Sep 24, 2011, 9:37 PM
monocle's Avatar
monocle monocle is offline
cow orker
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 437
Holy 🞵🞵🞵🞵, that would be awesome if it buckled and fell into the river for the Sun's comment section alone.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1545  
Old Posted Oct 5, 2011, 12:35 AM
Blue_Cypress's Avatar
Blue_Cypress Blue_Cypress is offline
Snarkotron
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mount Pleasant, Calgary
Posts: 2,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbertram View Post
That can be fixed with a bit of bondo. Better do it now while they have easy access from the ground.
Perhaps we can get the SAIT automotive students to work on it as a class project.

I'm more surprised by the 'horizontal rippling' on the NE diagonal piece.
I hope that doesn't suggest buckling of the structure is happening already.
Just an artifact of the fabrication process.
__________________
"The ice is near, the solitude is terrible! But how peacefully all things lie in the light..."
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1546  
Old Posted Oct 13, 2011, 5:53 PM
kw5150's Avatar
kw5150 kw5150 is offline
Here and There
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5,807
OMG........bridge. Where is it?
__________________
Renfrew, Calgary, Alberta.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1547  
Old Posted Oct 15, 2011, 12:59 AM
jsbertram jsbertram is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by kw5150 View Post
OMG........bridge. Where is it?

Start here:
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?p=4378763
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1548  
Old Posted Oct 17, 2011, 5:05 PM
Mazrim's Avatar
Mazrim Mazrim is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbertram View Post
I know it would be a maintenance nightmare, but I wish they kept the white interior paint job.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1549  
Old Posted Oct 17, 2011, 10:45 PM
kw5150's Avatar
kw5150 kw5150 is offline
Here and There
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbertram View Post
I was just wanting to resurrect the thread. I know the history.
__________________
Renfrew, Calgary, Alberta.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1550  
Old Posted Oct 18, 2011, 6:48 PM
Calgarian's Avatar
Calgarian Calgarian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 25,227
So where are they at with the construction? I went by there a couple weeks ago and it looked like most of the glass was on and the walkway was done (save for the guardrails). I'm just wondering when they are going to crane it into place.
__________________
Git'er done!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1551  
Old Posted Oct 18, 2011, 7:24 PM
nick.flood's Avatar
nick.flood nick.flood is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,261
delete

Last edited by nick.flood; Feb 5, 2016 at 6:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1552  
Old Posted Oct 20, 2011, 6:08 PM
kw5150's Avatar
kw5150 kw5150 is offline
Here and There
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5,807
They were installing glass yesterday. Quite a long section is ready to go now but there is still lots to go. This bridge is very long....wow.


By kw5150 at 2011-10-20
__________________
Renfrew, Calgary, Alberta.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1553  
Old Posted Oct 20, 2011, 6:18 PM
Bigtime's Avatar
Bigtime Bigtime is offline
Very tall. Such Scrape.
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 17,727
This bridge is longer than arriVa is tall by 3 meters. It will look awesome suspended over the river.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1554  
Old Posted Oct 21, 2011, 4:10 PM
kw5150's Avatar
kw5150 kw5150 is offline
Here and There
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5,807
Wow, didn't know that......that is a good visual.
__________________
Renfrew, Calgary, Alberta.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1555  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2011, 6:10 PM
stokes stokes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5
The construction is interesting but the bottom line is the bridge is unnecessary and a waste of tax payers money..all thanks to our former mayor and city council.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1556  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2011, 6:26 PM
nick.flood's Avatar
nick.flood nick.flood is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,261
delete

Last edited by nick.flood; Feb 5, 2016 at 6:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1557  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2011, 7:09 PM
Bigtime's Avatar
Bigtime Bigtime is offline
Very tall. Such Scrape.
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 17,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes View Post
The construction is interesting but the bottom line is the bridge is unnecessary and a waste of tax payers money..all thanks to our former mayor and city council.
Oh neat, you're going to fit right in here.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1558  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2011, 7:39 PM
elconsulto's Avatar
elconsulto elconsulto is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
Oh neat, you're going to fit right in here.
As much as I like the design of this bridge, if you were to take that money they spent on the bridge and try to figure out the most beneficial piece of infrastructure you could possibly make to improve the daily lives of Calgarians, I have a sneaking suspicion that a shiny bridge to close the 1.08km gap between the two already existing bridges, may not, in fact, actually be at the top of that list.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1559  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2011, 9:13 PM
stokes stokes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
Oh neat, you're going to fit right in here.
I'm sure everyone in Sunnyside thinks the bridge is a necessity.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1560  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2011, 9:14 PM
stokes stokes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.flood View Post
Welcome to the forum.
Thankyou!
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:37 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.