Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottie
I was just in your fine city visiting family and friends. Lots of projects on the go and lots of traffic as well, especially on the #1 coming into Regina from Fort Qu'appelle. I really hope that a new east bypass is on the provinces radar and I mean a 5 year radar because it's ridiculous to have all the westbound traffic having to filter thru that mess of lights and semis on vic avenue and it's only going to get much worse. Nice to see the west bypass being built in the meantime.
|
I completely agree. That end of the city is completely conjested during peak (and regular) hours of the day. It doesn't help how the city decided to go ahead with vic east with no design/planning principles. I hope to see a bypass to diverge the traffic through to the highway 1 (westbound) in the near future, as the east end is constantly expanding (or sprawling..).
I remember a while back the city was planning to expand prince of wales through to wascana parkway in the south end. As a short term plan, the city should think about doing this to relieve the vic ave congestion, as those passing by regina could just use the wascana parkway bypass to exit onto the highway 1.