Quote:
Originally Posted by Mininari
I've only been living in Winnipeg for 5 years, but it seems that "New" construction is getting hotter every year. I think that this city has really got some good things going for it (and maybe a few not-so-good; sprawl) construction-wise. Be patient, and you'll start to see major new projects (Ikea, MTS centre office / hotel, Canad Inns HSC, stadium, etc) rising over the coming 12 months
|
well said...where are you originally from Mini?
I also agree there's a ton of activity. It's not Calgary or Edmonton, no, but it's getting the momentum needed to keep chugging forward that those two cities built back in the day and have currently. These next few years are major for the Peg, relatively speaking. It started slower this decade with MTSC and Hydro, but look at what's happening now, and consider by the time these projects are done, there will be more announced or on the horizon. Jmt, what I believe Winnipeg is going through is a slow transition, but one that bodes well for the city in the long term...consider the past few decades (and now) were/are rolling the ball up the hill....
Also 1ajs - again thanks for the updates. The Human Rights Museum is looking good...