Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff's two cents
 As has been repeated on this forum numerous times, adding 10 or 20 floors would mean having to add an extra elevator shaft. An extra elevator would lessen the leasable square footage for each floor, making the building less profitable from a development standpoint.
I'd be curious to know how many of those ranting about the building's height have actually seen the site in person (in recent years). That footprint is tiny! I'm frankly surprised the architects were able to pull off what they did.
Or, maybe you guys would prefer it if they just demolished the Marine building to make room for a taller tower that could actually be profitable. Just sayin.' 
|

Yes, you're right on all counts. And nobody (well, nobody in their right "Vancouver mindset") would want to demolish the Marine Building. I know you were being facetious, but, hey, some nutso group out there might start pressing for that!!! You never know!
As far as the small floorplate, etc ... yes .... we are lucky to have that building going in there, even if it isn't the building of our dreams (in terms of height anyway) I guess we should be thankful for what we have (or WILL have) but I'd still like to see a couple of 200m+ downtown, if only to break that "tabletop" effect.