Quote:
Originally Posted by LA/OCman
Regarding retail, I would think that since Forever 21 is headquartered in the Downtown area that they would be looking at a large retail space. Forever 21 has been taking over some large spaces formerly operated by Mervins and Saks (Mission Viejo). Also, Alternative Apparel has showroom near the Angelique Cafe. I think they just opened a retail spot in Venice Beach.
One cafe/bakery that has been very busy is Homegirl Cafe and Homeboy Bakery. I see a lot of young people taking tours, lots of tourists and City Hall folks having a bite to eat. This place has excellent food and pastries...and talk about a great cause. Father Greg should be cannonized by the Catholic Church. Please support this establishment....employees are ex-gang members trying to lead a positive life.
Also happy that the parking lot in front of the Rowan is shut down...preparing for the groundbreaking of Spring St. Park this month.
|
I would really love to see Forever 21 take over the Macy's space in Macy's Plaza and of course, doing a complete overhaul remodel of the ugly facade and building new access to the store from the sidewalks.
It would be great since FIDM is literally right across the street (the annex at least) and the main campus a block south.
Also, regarding the Spring Street Park, I am hoping that it coincides with news that a hotel will finally take over the empty commercial building across the street. A new hotel and a new park would add tremendous momentum to the Historic Core.