Oh it definitely will. I don't understand why Vancouver is the only city that uses clear glass to that extent. I understand that it's for the view or whatever, but it's really unfortunate how a sleek building always gets turned into a post hurricane disaster.
Oh it definitely will. I don't understand why Vancouver is the only city that uses clear glass to that extent. I understand that it's for the view or whatever, but it's really unfortunate how a sleek building always gets turned into a post hurricane disaster.
Seriousy, maybe someone could request they install something else other than floppy curtains. (Venetian blinds ..... no ... I give up)
It will be nice when they start putting smart glass, electrochromic glass, or micro blinds in the windows in Condo towers. It could create an interesting effect with a random mix of clear and opaque windows on the side of a building instead of the messy looking blinds problem. (and save heating/cooling costs)
Again, great photos. Thanks.
What I like about ths hotel is that they've modernized the rooms to the hilt, and added a super modern pool area, while the main plazas, open spaces, stair rails, and front desk area all retain their original period charm. It's authentic -and elegant. I don't think anybody anywhere could not call this a truly world-class hotel.
Location: Victoria (formerly Port Moody, then Winnipeg)
Posts: 2,447
Wow. I checked the old Hotel Georgia out as a possible venue for our wedding back in 2006... didn't think much of the place then, but this is just... wow.