HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues

Old Posted Jul 24, 2011, 3:02 AM

Won't someone think of our property values?

Item, 2006. (Carefully note the by-line):
At the end of the day, the City’s Planning Committee felt compelled to make a bad decision rather than no decision with respect to the development at 100 Landry Street in Vanier.

Although this proposed development is not “in our face” does not mean local residents should ignore it: the prospect of some 790 new housing units proposed and APPROVED today will have a huge impact on our ability to circulate towards the downtown core and on the Vanier Parkway.
Item, 2006:
The following is a list of concerns and the staff responses, pertaining to the site plan application, that were raised by the community during the last public meeting held by the Ward Councillor George Bédard on September 27, 2006:
1. The proposal will lead to a devaluation of local property values.
Response: staff is unaware of any evidence concluding that the proposed development will cause diminished property values.
Ahem, 2010 et seq.: (Remember that by-line?)
42B Barrette Street : 439 000$
94 St Ambroise Ave : 349 900$
107 Dagmar Ave : 299 900$
86 St Ambroise Ave : 299 900$
79 St Ambroise Avenue : 299 000$

Claridge, can you please come into my neighbourhood? I'd love to have my property "devalued", just like you did to the poor folks of the South of Beechwood NIMBY Club! Devalue me!

Old Posted Jul 24, 2011, 5:20 PM

When they start building new crack-houses, then you can be assured property values will be lowered by new development. Any other assertion is false - hard to believe people still try to perpetrate this myth.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2011, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Man View Post
When they start building new crack-houses, then you can be assured property values will be lowered by new development. Any other assertion is false - hard to believe people still try to perpetrate this myth.
It's part of the canon, though! (There's also the Gospel of Traffic, The Epistles of St. Shadows, The Pollution of the Air, The Pollution of the Noise, The Book of The Children!, and The Revelation of the Green Space.)

I wonder if there is such a thing as a crack-condo?

Old Posted Jul 24, 2011, 7:51 PM

Just a matter of time!

Old Posted Jul 24, 2011, 9:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhuniau View Post
It's part of the canon, though! (There's also the Gospel of Traffic, The Epistles of St. Shadows, The Pollution of the Air, The Pollution of the Noise, The Book of The Children!, and The Revelation of the Green Space.)

lol

Old Posted Jul 26, 2011, 1:41 AM
Elle est déjà vide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhuniau View Post

That's awesome. The Epistles of St. Shadows!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues