Quote:
Originally Posted by STR
Goddammit, if the man says the model readout is 1,349 feet, then it's 1,349 feet. Anything you think you see is a trick of the virtual lens. He has the actual model, you don't. He's the expert on it, not you. Case in point, I can mess with the perspective enough to make 2WTC look shorter than 3WTC.
I know a few of you like 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 on people's parades so much you stake out a window seat every Thanksgiving so you can stick it to Macy's, but know your limits.
|
^^^This.
I'm not the kind of person that goes into a CAD program and slops something down and calls it a day. If that was the case, I wouldn't be making these renders at all. When I see height information posted in this forum, or any website, I use it. I don't leave them laying on this forum for nothing.
Even more, to those people who like to ruin the parade, I can give you the raw model file so you can measure it yourselves.
As STR said, I have the model, they don't. Speaking of which, they don't even have any CAD-related software, so they obviously don't know anything about camera angle, field of view, perspective etc. Right now, only STR can make assumptions and point things out that are wrong with my rendering. He has the programs, he has the models, and he has the knowledge and expertise about rendering/modeling. He knows what hes talking about.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Traynor
You don't know what I am an expert on, nor do you even know what TGA is an expert on. You rail at forumers for making assumptions yet you just did about my expertise as well as his.
You don't know anything about anyone on here so don't speak like an authority on who we are or what we know.
|
^^^This too. Hopefully this was aimed towards those 2 guys whose posts were removed by the mods, and not towards the other folks, such as STR and sw7510.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by GarCastle
Personally I would like to thank all the folks for taking the time to make renders. I know I don't have the time to try to figure it all out. The renders and photos help me subdue my impatience. I really don't care how uber 🞵🞵🞵🞵 accurate they are and I doubt most of the viewers here do either - but I could be wrong and I do not care if I am wrong.
And if anyone could post a helpful reminder about how to entirely block certain individuals, I would appreciate it. Some folks here fail to contribute anything to this board but negative BS and even my time is valuable and should not be wasted even seeing their posts.
|
^^^ Especially this. Go to User CP, click "block users" on the left hand side. Enter their names, and block em'.