Quote:
Originally Posted by BevoLJ
I read that a young lady didn't stop when she should have and got hit by a cement truck the other day and had to have her leg amputated. It was an interesting article about how some guy saved her life.
|
I saw that same article. The guy who saved her life is the husband of one of my former co-workers.
A couple of months ago, my neighbor who lived in the next building across from me (Andrew Runciman) was on a bike ride with his girlfriend and was killed in a hit & run by an SUV near Red's Porch on S. Lamar. (There's a ghost bike there now) He wasn't wearing a helmet, but his injuries were so bad that a helmet wouldn't have made a difference. I don't think the hit & run driver was ever caught, either.
BTW, does anyone know whatever became of
this project on Congress Avenue? Is it on hold indefinitely or has it been cancelled all together?