HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive


    One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

• Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

• Map Location
• New York Projects & Construction Forum

 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #14241  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2011, 1:59 PM
JesseNewYorkCity JesseNewYorkCity is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BIG APPLE View Post
Word going around is that there will be NO outdoor observation deck like there was on the south toweer. Durst says it's near impossible. So no restaurant and now no outdoor deck. What we have now is a two story indoor deck with NO VIEW of the Brooklyn Bridge and Lower Manhattan.

Dude, are you KIDDING ME!? I was really excited and hoping there would be one at the very top of the building where we could go outside on the roof like there was on the South tower on the old World Trade Center... That just makes me mad now
     
     
  #14242  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2011, 2:01 PM
JesseNewYorkCity JesseNewYorkCity is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post

Skyline Arch von BlackPawPhoto auf Flickr
Wow! Where was this taken at?
     
     
  #14243  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2011, 3:25 PM
Fishman92 Fishman92 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseNewYorkCity View Post
Dude, are you KIDDING ME!? I was really excited and hoping there would be one at the very top of the building where we could go outside on the roof like there was on the South tower on the old World Trade Center... That just makes me mad now
ehh, i wouldn't worry, there is an indoor one planned. But none of the the towers have space for a view. I would have like one, but it's not in the plan so oh well.
     
     
  #14244  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2011, 3:37 PM
sterlippo1 sterlippo1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 1,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseNewYorkCity View Post
Wow! Where was this taken at?
looks like from Staten Island at the baseball park near the ferry terminal i believe
     
     
  #14245  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2011, 3:40 PM
Don098 Don098 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rosslyn, VA
Posts: 1,179
Dude where the hell have you guys been? This news is seriously YEARS old. LOL
     
     
  #14246  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2011, 3:44 PM
Kanto's Avatar
Kanto Kanto is offline
Twin Towers crusader
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 197
The absence of an outdoor observation deck is really bad. Thare's nothing like enjoying the wind while enjoying the view. It makes the experience seem more real, when you can feel the wind. Man, if only they were building a replacement for the South Tower as well, as they do for the North Tower ........
     
     
  #14247  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2011, 4:58 PM
jthornton17 jthornton17 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseNewYorkCity View Post
Dude, are you KIDDING ME!? I was really excited and hoping there would be one at the very top of the building where we could go outside on the roof like there was on the South tower on the old World Trade Center... That just makes me mad now
It is sad you can't eat and enjoy the view.................however, you can go down a few floors and enjoy the view from the new conde nast cafeteria! lol
     
     
  #14248  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2011, 6:14 PM
patriotizzy's Avatar
patriotizzy patriotizzy is offline
Metal Up Your !
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 1,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don098 View Post
Dude where the hell have you guys been? This news is seriously YEARS old. LOL
I know right? lol
     
     
  #14249  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2011, 6:17 PM
animatedmartian's Avatar
animatedmartian animatedmartian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,054
A couple of video updates from the past few weeks.
One from the river and...
• Video Link


...one from Vesey Street.
• Video Link


I sort of enjoy the odd music choice.
     
     
  #14250  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2011, 7:52 PM
NYC2ATX's Avatar
NYC2ATX NYC2ATX is offline
Everywhere all at once
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SI NYC
Posts: 2,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlippo1 View Post
looks like from Staten Island at the baseball park near the ferry terminal i believe
YEAH! Love that view. Staten Island represent Thanks for posting that hunser, the views from the Ferry Terminal and the RCB Ballpark are severely underrated.
     
     
  #14251  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2011, 8:02 PM
JesseNewYorkCity JesseNewYorkCity is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman92 View Post
ehh, i wouldn't worry, there is an indoor one planned. But none of the the towers have space for a view. I would have like one, but it's not in the plan so oh well.
Ugh, still.. It's not the same... I hope people protest and write to the state about it and hopefully talk them into it.. I remember I went to the old World Trade Center before the attacks and I remember they had a outdoor observatory and a indoor observatory and I didn't even care anything about the indoor option. I was too exciting to get to the roof. It just makes me sad because I mean you literally are on top of the world that high..

If you asked, majority of New Yorkers would want a outside observation deck JUST like the one on the old WTC. Rectangle all around with blue flooring (okay, maybe not the blue floor), but still... I'm very upset.
     
     
  #14252  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2011, 9:35 PM
sterlippo1 sterlippo1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 1,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenIslander237 View Post
YEAH! Love that view. Staten Island represent Thanks for posting that hunser, the views from the Ferry Terminal and the RCB Ballpark are severely underrated.
Staten Island Ferry, the best deal in the city if you park on the street on saturday's there are plenty of spaces, you park for free and have the boat ride of your life, also free, on the ferry to Lower Manhattan all the while looking at what you see in that picture...........oh, yeah,almost forgot, you pass so close to Miss Liberty that you can almost touch the torch
     
     
  #14253  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2011, 11:00 PM
Don098 Don098 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rosslyn, VA
Posts: 1,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseNewYorkCity View Post
Ugh, still.. It's not the same... I hope people protest and write to the state about it and hopefully talk them into it.. I remember I went to the old World Trade Center before the attacks and I remember they had a outdoor observatory and a indoor observatory and I didn't even care anything about the indoor option. I was too exciting to get to the roof. It just makes me sad because I mean you literally are on top of the world that high..

If you asked, majority of New Yorkers would want a outside observation deck JUST like the one on the old WTC. Rectangle all around with blue flooring (okay, maybe not the blue floor), but still... I'm very upset.
The broadcast signals will be too dangerous to have a roof observation deck. Way too many things would have to be redesigned at this point. It's not going to happen at this point, sorry.
     
     
  #14254  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2011, 11:10 PM
Complex01's Avatar
Complex01 Complex01 is offline
Endless Moments...
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Texas...
Posts: 2,917
That photo at the top of the page is insane. I love it. I really like those colors. Fancy...
     
     
  #14255  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2011, 11:29 PM
Roadcruiser1's Avatar
Roadcruiser1 Roadcruiser1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,117
It's the same reason why the original North Tower of the original World Trade Center never had an outdoor observation deck.
     
     
  #14256  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2011, 11:32 PM
CGII's Avatar
CGII CGII is offline
illwaukee/crooklyn
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: rome
Posts: 8,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
The absence of an outdoor observation deck is really bad. Thare's nothing like enjoying the wind while enjoying the view. It makes the experience seem more real, when you can feel the wind. Man, if only they were building a replacement for the South Tower as well, as they do for the North Tower ........
Can you please stop?
     
     
  #14257  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2011, 11:45 PM
STR's Avatar
STR STR is offline
Because I'm Clever!
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 5,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don098 View Post
The broadcast signals will be too dangerous to have a roof observation deck. Way too many things would have to be redesigned at this point. It's not going to happen at this point, sorry.
The antenna really has nothing to do with it. Long explanation why it isn't, but in short, you get a higher RF dose from your cellphone when it's only getting 1 bar of signal. Despite the recent WHO sorta-kinda-maybe ruling, phones aren't dangerous either.

The lack of an observation deck is entirely due to the fact that the towers are going to be self-contained air-cooled structures. The previous buildings were water cooled, which opened up the tops of the buildings for other uses. Sticking an observation deck on top of the cooling plant is just not economical. They actually tried it with this building, original plans put the Obs. Deck and restaurant above the plant, but it got rearranged during value engineering.
     
     
  #14258  
Old Posted Jun 19, 2011, 3:31 AM
Don098 Don098 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rosslyn, VA
Posts: 1,179
Oh. I stand corrected. :-)
     
     
  #14259  
Old Posted Jun 19, 2011, 3:49 AM
Zapatan Zapatan is offline
DENNAB
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY - Cali
Posts: 6,844
I feel like towers 3 and 4 would be good candidates for a roof deck, 2 might be a bit difficult because of the shape and 1 obviously has the radio antenna...


I've always wondered one thing though, if it would have been dangerous to have a deck on the north tower because of radio waves, the south tower deck was within a couple hundred feet so it really couldn't have been much less dangerous there.
     
     
  #14260  
Old Posted Jun 19, 2011, 3:54 AM
Roadcruiser1's Avatar
Roadcruiser1 Roadcruiser1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,117
Sorry Towers 3 & 4 also has mounted roof air conditioning units.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:45 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.