HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & Urban Ottawa


    Attika in the SkyscraperPage Database

• Building Data Page   • Ottawa Skyscraper Diagram

• Map Location

 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Jun 10, 2011, 5:01 PM
reidjr reidjr is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
really?
3 phases of Constitution Square, Minto Phase3, the CBC building, 131 Queen, the BMO building on Laurier, The new EDC building (still under construction but now almost complete, and I'm going to assume your downtown u/c is the Lorne replacement)...

that's just downtown, and just off the top of my head, and I can think of 8 substantial office buildings, mostly filled with public servants. The PS has ballooned in the past ten years, and that growth phase is now over. We may not see much contraction (I think this government is more talk than walk) but we'll definitely see curtailed growth.
I think there is a difference in terms of new buildings between the gov funding it from the start and a building beeing built then the gov moves in.I maybe wrong but the edc/minto 131 queen were not known from the start they would house gov workers while the building under construction now it is known they will be gov buildings.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & Urban Ottawa
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:28 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.