HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #561  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 4:49 AM
Ogopogo Fan's Avatar
Ogopogo Fan Ogopogo Fan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogopogo Fan View Post
From: http://www.kelownayachtclub.com/

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #562  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 7:39 AM
vitc's Avatar
vitc vitc is offline
mAd cRaZy CoDeR
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 357
Damn...don't like it...the 1st one was the best. Well, the materials better be superb!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #563  
Old Posted Apr 24, 2011, 9:11 AM
Phil McAvity Phil McAvity is offline
Supertall
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Victoria
Posts: 3,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevD View Post
Not bad. I'll take any height... But I'm so sick of beige, tan, or peach coloured buildings. Time to get with the times Kelowna.
I don't know what you're expecting for Kelowna (metro population >200,000 people) but I don't think they're too realistic. If you're expecting Absolute World, the Burj Khalifa or Turning Torso, you better be patient. It's completely unrealistic to expect world-class architecture in a small(ish) city.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #564  
Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 7:04 AM
aastra aastra is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,796
I think he's saying he'd like to see a little more variety and some more modern design.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #565  
Old Posted May 13, 2011, 5:08 PM
vitc's Avatar
vitc vitc is offline
mAd cRaZy CoDeR
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 357
Found a pdf ( 177mb! ) with more photos on the Monaco development:

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B4qIvbUYg...ItYzRlZDJkYzMyZGZi&export=download&hl=en

Looks great!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #566  
Old Posted May 26, 2011, 4:13 AM
Ogopogo Fan's Avatar
Ogopogo Fan Ogopogo Fan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 174
North Face is opening in the former "Euro Sport" location on Bernard. Nice to see another major retailer opening downtown.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #567  
Old Posted May 26, 2011, 7:14 PM
Metro-One's Avatar
Metro-One Metro-One is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Japan
Posts: 18,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitc View Post
Found a pdf ( 177mb! ) with more photos on the Monaco development:

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B4qIvbUYg...ItYzRlZDJkYzMyZGZi&export=download&hl=en

Looks great!
My browser will not allow me to open the pdf.

Is there any way you can take some screen shots of the renders?

Also any work happening on Landmark 6? (clearing, excavating...?)

Cheers
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #568  
Old Posted May 27, 2011, 5:37 PM
vitc's Avatar
vitc vitc is offline
mAd cRaZy CoDeR
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 357
Ok, sorry I was being lazy





Cheers...

Sorry forgot the source:
https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B4qIvbUYg...ItYzRlZDJkYzMyZGZi&export=download&hl=en

Last edited by vitc; May 27, 2011 at 8:17 PM. Reason: Added Source
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #569  
Old Posted May 27, 2011, 5:38 PM
vitc's Avatar
vitc vitc is offline
mAd cRaZy CoDeR
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 357
With regards to Landmark 6...they are working on the underground portion now.

Also, with SOPA the first crane is up.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #570  
Old Posted May 27, 2011, 7:58 PM
Dylan Leblanc's Avatar
Dylan Leblanc Dylan Leblanc is offline
Website Manager
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Posts: 9,601
thanks for posting the pix vitc!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #571  
Old Posted May 27, 2011, 8:18 PM
vitc's Avatar
vitc vitc is offline
mAd cRaZy CoDeR
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 357
So what you think Dylan? I love it!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #572  
Old Posted May 28, 2011, 12:30 AM
Metro-One's Avatar
Metro-One Metro-One is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Japan
Posts: 18,032
Wow, I love the Monako! I really, really hope this gets approved and is u/c by next year. These could dramatically alter Kelowna's skyline.

Which one is SOPA? Edit, NM, I found it on google. Sweet.

Thanks for posting!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #573  
Old Posted Jun 3, 2011, 10:01 PM
wisla_krakow's Avatar
wisla_krakow wisla_krakow is offline
Sebastian
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,678
i know my contributions have been severely lacking over the past year or two, but now that i have finished school i am moving down to vancouver.
i hope you will all keep me updated on the haps in kelowna, and i also hope that when i come back to visit sopa will be looking mighty good.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #574  
Old Posted Jun 6, 2011, 12:07 AM
KevD's Avatar
KevD KevD is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Edmonton (Hometown: Kelowna)
Posts: 110
^^You're moving to Van Seebass? Aw man have a sweet time take tons of pics.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #575  
Old Posted Jun 29, 2011, 2:02 AM
vitc's Avatar
vitc vitc is offline
mAd cRaZy CoDeR
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 357
Here is the Kelowna City PDF of the Downtown Plan Charrette - 2011-06-27 - Source: City of Kelowna

http://www.kelowna.ca/CityPage/Docs/PDFs...01%20-%20Downtown%20Plan%20Charrette.pdf
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #576  
Old Posted Jul 13, 2011, 11:10 PM
Ogopogo Fan's Avatar
Ogopogo Fan Ogopogo Fan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 174
interesting that the development permit for the project known as "24", having lapsed, has been reapplied for with the City:

http://www.kelowna.ca/iDevelopment_Apps/...elopment+Permits&str_name=&process=Searc

good to hear it's not totally dead.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #577  
Old Posted Jul 14, 2011, 3:03 AM
giallo's Avatar
giallo giallo is online now
be nice to the crackheads
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 12,758
^Awesome.

24 was my favourite development during the last boom cycle. It has a nice design and GREAT location. I was really disappointed to see it fade in obscurity. Here's hoping it's got a fighting chance this time.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #578  
Old Posted Jul 14, 2011, 5:33 PM
vitc's Avatar
vitc vitc is offline
mAd cRaZy CoDeR
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 357
Well, the new downtown plan ( not finalized ) would prevent the 24 from being built. So I can see this as a preemptive strike. Unfortunately, I just don't see it being approved in the current political climate. I hope I am wrong.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #579  
Old Posted Jul 19, 2011, 3:45 AM
vitc's Avatar
vitc vitc is offline
mAd cRaZy CoDeR
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 357
Sopa Square Webcam found:

http://www.sopasquare.com/webcam.html
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #580  
Old Posted Jul 24, 2011, 11:06 PM
Ogopogo Fan's Avatar
Ogopogo Fan Ogopogo Fan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitc View Post
Well, the new downtown plan ( not finalized ) would prevent the 24 from being built. So I can see this as a preemptive strike. Unfortunately, I just don't see it being approved in the current political climate. I hope I am wrong.
Everything I've seen/heard is that Council intends to give 24 special consideration as an exception to the Downtown Plan (which would have Bernard Ave remain lowrise-only), e.g.,:

ttp://www.kelowna.ca/CityPage/Docs/PDFs/%5CCouncil%5CMeetings%5CCouncil%20Meetings%202011%5C2011%2D07%2D25/Item%20%28A%2EM%2E%29%204%2E2%20%2D%20Downtown%20Building%20Heights%2Epdf
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:22 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.