HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive


    One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

• Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

• Map Location
• New York Projects & Construction Forum

 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #13421  
Old Posted May 5, 2011, 4:15 AM
2-TOWERS's Avatar
2-TOWERS 2-TOWERS is offline
Twin Towers Guy / NYC
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Palm Desert , Ca
Posts: 637
Zen you will be missed........you kept me up to date on this forum....and acknowleged me through some PMs..... THANKYOU FOR EVERYTHING... God Bless to your family.......
     
     
  #13422  
Old Posted May 5, 2011, 4:54 AM
JayPro JayPro is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Huntington, Long Island, New York
Posts: 1,047
Unhappy

I also wish to register my condolences to the family and friends, both here and elsewhere for his passing.
I do recall many a fine contribution both visually and information-wise from him long before I began posting here; and this loss will not at all be easy to recover from.
May our ongoing vigil for the completion of the New World Trade Center be carried on in his honor and may his guardian angel carry is soul in the air above the Site till all is accomplished.
     
     
  #13423  
Old Posted May 5, 2011, 4:56 AM
JDRCRASH JDRCRASH is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Gabriel Valley
Posts: 8,100
For me, there's something especially sad when a SSP member dies.
__________________
Revelation 21:4
     
     
  #13424  
Old Posted May 5, 2011, 5:59 AM
applejacks's Avatar
applejacks applejacks is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 69
I've never been big into posting on here, however I have been following these forums for years and felt the need to say something. Zen was one of the few that always had interesting and insightful posts relating to the WTC construction, and honestly, one of the reasons I always returned. His contributions will be dearly missed.
     
     
  #13425  
Old Posted May 5, 2011, 8:28 AM
TANGELD_SLC's Avatar
TANGELD_SLC TANGELD_SLC is offline
The World Is Welcome Here
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SL,UT
Posts: 883
Wow.... R.I.P. Zen God bless and comfort the family and friends he left behind.
__________________
Espavo!

Plyg, Metrosexual, & AVENian
     
     
  #13426  
Old Posted May 5, 2011, 2:17 PM
Plokoon11 Plokoon11 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,698
It is probably very true that Zen is watching the construction as we speak, with a front row seat. The best seat possible.
     
     
  #13427  
Old Posted May 5, 2011, 2:19 PM
JACKinBeantown's Avatar
JACKinBeantown JACKinBeantown is offline
JACKinBeantown
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 9,317
RIP Zensteeldude.

You were a great contributor to this forum and always had something constructive to add to the conversation. You never got into pointless arguments (OK... sometimes) and you seemed like a genuinely kind person. I'm very sorry to lose you on this forum and I wish the best for your friends and family. Peace, dude.
__________________
Hi.
     
     
  #13428  
Old Posted May 5, 2011, 3:36 PM
Fishman92 Fishman92 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 236
Hey, didn't know the guy, but Lurked around here for a while- his posts were the most informative and humorous that I could have found.

Hey, he's probably in a better place now. And who knows, maybe he's still looking down on the construction.

R.I.P, dude.
     
     
  #13429  
Old Posted May 5, 2011, 3:59 PM
SteveD's Avatar
SteveD SteveD is offline
Back on the road again
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: East Atlanta Village
Posts: 3,107
Yes, I appreciated his posts too, although I never interacted with him one on one.

RIP. My condolences to his family and friends.
__________________
Maybe Martians could do better than we've done
     
     
  #13430  
Old Posted May 5, 2011, 4:38 PM
TimCity2000's Avatar
TimCity2000 TimCity2000 is offline
Burming Hammer
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 2,441
wow... not even sure what to say. frequent lurker in this thread as well. enjoy looking at the pictures and enjoyed reading zen's posts. as i recall, he actually had a set of drawings, correct?

i hope his family is able to find peace, whenever that may be.
     
     
  #13431  
Old Posted May 5, 2011, 4:48 PM
bkraig4life bkraig4life is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 41
Unhappy

Yesterday when I read the news, I cried like a baby, wierd I know, but when you have a great contributer like that, I guess that it hits home hard sometimes. Condolences go out to his family. Makes you think how little you actually are in this big world. Zen we'll miss you.
     
     
  #13432  
Old Posted May 5, 2011, 5:17 PM
599GTO 599GTO is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 878
Condolences to Zen's family and friends. He's no doubt resting in peace.

On a side note -- the WTC site looks gorgeous on television right now during the wreath-laying ceremony.
     
     
  #13433  
Old Posted May 5, 2011, 5:44 PM
pattali's Avatar
pattali pattali is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: French Riviera
Posts: 254
Unhappy

Since this morning , I am really sad...

We lost a friend-teacher-contributor-dady-dude ...

Zen never see the new WTC .

I miss you Zen , your post, explanations, steel expert, blue print and you , funny boy.

Condolences for your wife, family and childs.

Sincerely Patrick ATTALI.
     
     
  #13434  
Old Posted May 5, 2011, 6:31 PM
BostonBuild BostonBuild is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 45
RIP Zen. My condolences to his family. I always looked forward to his informative posts, even though I don't contribute here often. I will miss him. So sad
     
     
  #13435  
Old Posted May 5, 2011, 7:12 PM
Thaniel Thaniel is offline
Jeez Louise.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 149
Omg! Zen is dead?!?!?!? That's really disheartening to hear. He was one of the only people I had ever interacted with on this forum.... I think we can all agree he knew more about this building than anyone.

RIP dude, I wish you could have seen it finished.

Last edited by Thaniel; May 5, 2011 at 7:29 PM.
     
     
  #13436  
Old Posted May 5, 2011, 7:13 PM
Don098 Don098 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rosslyn, VA
Posts: 1,179
The news about Zen is really surreal...

Zen was the most substantive contributor to the NY threads, and his knowledge of this entire project was unsurpassed on this forum. Zen, you'll be missed. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.
     
     
  #13437  
Old Posted May 5, 2011, 7:24 PM
winlinmac001 winlinmac001 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 191
I haven't logged in a while. I've been frequently checking the progress of the new WTC as a guest user for the past few months on SkyscraperPage and SkyscraperCity, reluctant to login and post some feedback to the progress. Then when I came across the news of ZenSteelDude I did not feel good. I had a strong emotion after reading about him.

I would like to pay my respect and condolences to Zen. God Bless Zen and his family. We will never forget you, and you will always be a member of the SkyscraperPage family.
     
     
  #13438  
Old Posted May 5, 2011, 7:46 PM
Troubadour's Avatar
Troubadour Troubadour is offline
Seek The Upward Horizon
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 544
I didn't know Zen, but we probably interacted at some point. His posts were always very informative and interesting. I've donated a modest sum to the Center for Auto Safety under the name "Zensteeldude" in his memory.
__________________
Build until the sky is black, and then build some more.
     
     
  #13439  
Old Posted May 5, 2011, 9:00 PM
uaarkson's Avatar
uaarkson uaarkson is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Back in Flint
Posts: 2,103
Good idea, I think I'll do the same.
     
     
  #13440  
Old Posted May 5, 2011, 9:02 PM
wong21fr's Avatar
wong21fr wong21fr is offline
Reluctant Hobbesian
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,126
Damn, hearing about Zen was a kick to the gut. The guy was a huge contributer to the forum with his knowledge of the WTC and the construction profession. Given the way he talked about his family you could tell he was a real family man. My condolences to them.

Godspeed, Zen. You'll be missed.
__________________
"You don't strike, you just go to work everyday and do your job real half-ass. That's the American way!" -Homer Simpson

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:46 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.