Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc_alex
All the workers in skyscrapers these days follow strict safety guidelines. I know for a fact in 1WTC that no one is allowed within several feet of the edge without being tied in with a harness. There are clearly marked lines showing when you need to have your harness attached. Not following safety rules will get you kicked off site by the safety director.
I've always figured that old photo of men eating lunch on a steel beam was posed. Anyway, you can't see immediately below them, so it could be a somewhat safe location. Perhaps only 10 feet down is a floor?
|
Nicely put, nyc_alex. Yup, with superior safety guidelines, workers are now working up on extreme heights safer than ever. Speaking of safety guidelines, I hope those workers in my pic I posted earlier has harnesses on, or some sort of cable connecting themselves to the interior of the floor.
I remember one time I was on a site that shows pictures of the workers installing glass on the 1WTC. One of the picture focuses on a bold-yellow spray-painted line that indicates where workers must have a harness on before proceeding beyond that yellow line.
And not to mention the cocoon safety wrap. The 1WTC has 2 layers of the cocoon wrap; 1 on the outside like a skirt, and many smaller ones wrapped around the edges of the floors in the interior. (Refer back to this pic I posted earlier):