I find the debate in here to be quite
ironic given the circumstances. Consider also the debate on Broadway. Most of us agree that Broadway is too tightly bounded by buildings on both sides and has horrible surface traffic, and therefore agree that RRT is generally the best solution to add capacity. Yet here,
despite the room for expansion along the 104th Street corridor, we're advocating for the complete
opposite, saying that despite heavy vehicular traffic from the east via Highway 1 of all major corridors, LRT on a single-laned boulevard is the best approach because people take priority over cars and freight traffic. What? In that case why not
bulldoze an LRT line through Broadway?
With these sorts of
inconsistencies it's no wonder why some transit debates look
outrageous. Yes, local circumstances must be taken into account, but even for a Broadway supporter like me it's
not fair and reasonable that some things are being looked at from completely different or biased perspectives.

Dianne Watts or Zweisystem can show us or tell us
anything they wants us to believe, and it may be all
wrong. Maybe they're just telling us a skewed viewpoint for their own benefit.
Who knows? If anything I say leave it up to TransLink, the authority who actually manages public transit and roads around here, to do the studying and offer us the proposals.
In addition, I have to ask, does anybody have
reliable and concrete quantitative information about who
lives along this corridor? Who
travels along this corridor? And
where do they come from? If you do,
show us the numbers, and maybe we can actually quantify some forecasts along what TransLink has done for Broadway. Because at the moment everything said so far is very much
hypothetical, qualitative, descriptive, up to opinion and therefore up to debate. In fact some things may never happen. I myself have honestly no idea because I have barely any information whatsoever.
Again, who knows?
BTW, I apologize if I sound aggressive; it's just that this discussion has become a cyclic rehashing of past arguments with no resolution in sight, and I felt strongly compelled to straighten things out and play the devil's advocate as a result.