HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #201  
Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 12:43 AM
vid's Avatar
vid vid is offline
I am a typical
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Thunder Bay
Posts: 39,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
Dominoes pizza is a publicly traded company. It's founder sold 93% of the company and ceased being involved in its running in 1998.
Then why does their pizza taste like deepfried cardboard?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #202  
Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 2:55 AM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 40,129
american chain sunny street cafe has announced its expanding into Canada - looks like BC, AB, SK and MB and the 3 territories

Quote:
The development territory includes the four western Canadian provinces and three northern territories. The first location is set to open in late summer or early fall in the Edmonton, Alberta area under the management of area developer and franchisee Percy Johnson. Johnson plans to open a minimum of 40 locations across Western Canada over the next 10 years. The developer has extensive franchise experience, having owned and operated multiple units throughout his career in the bakery/café, pizza and flower categories.
http://www.sunnystreetcafe.com


mmm pancake week

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #203  
Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 3:07 AM
dsim249's Avatar
dsim249 dsim249 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
american chain sunny street cafe has announced its expanding into Canada - looks like BC, AB, SK and MB and the 3 territories
I don't foresee a Sunny Street Cafe in Nunavut any time soon...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #204  
Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 4:08 AM
Authentic_City's Avatar
Authentic_City Authentic_City is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,790
Hard to get too excited about Sunny Street Cafe. Never heard of them before. Personally, I'd like to see IHOP enter the market here. Heck, if we're dreaming big, I'd like to see a good old fashioned southern style chicken and waffles place up here too. Hmmmm... think I'm getting hungry.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #205  
Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 4:11 AM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 40,129
IHOP is so gross - you are not missing much
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #206  
Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 4:21 AM
Authentic_City's Avatar
Authentic_City Authentic_City is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
IHOP is so gross - you are not missing much
Really? I used to go to IHOP occasionally when I lived out west. I thought they were fine and a cut above Perkins or Denny's.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #207  
Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 4:30 AM
Bdog's Avatar
Bdog Bdog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 2,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic_City View Post
Really? I used to go to IHOP occasionally when I lived out west. I thought they were fine and a cut above Perkins or Denny's.
Yeah, I like IHOP too. I was at one last year in the States, and their service was excellent, and the food was cheap (but decent)...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #208  
Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 1:06 PM
bomberguy's Avatar
bomberguy bomberguy is offline
GQMF
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdog View Post
Yeah, I like IHOP too. I was at one last year in the States, and their service was excellent, and the food was cheap (but decent)...
I went to IHOP last summer. It was good!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #209  
Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 8:44 PM
cheswick's Avatar
cheswick cheswick is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South Kildonan
Posts: 3,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
IHOP is so gross - you are not missing much
I agree. First time I ever went was last summer in Chicago. Nastiest restaurant food I've ever eaten. Didn't try the pancakes though so they could be good.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #210  
Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 10:33 PM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 40,129
i'd rather eat dennys than IHOP - like most canadian versions its not cheap like the states breakfast like bacon and eggs is around $9
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #211  
Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 10:46 PM
Boreal's Avatar
Boreal Boreal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 1,704
I'm sure there's enough space in this town for Denny's and IHOP. We have an epic motherload of restaurants, but not too much in the way of cheap-o breakfeast. Perkins, Denny's, and Sal's. Smitty's doesn't count. It has the worst food of all its peers (okay, Sal's gives it a run for the money, but the the 'Nip' serves up a knockout blow), and it is no longer cheap. Cora's is wonerful, but I unless by memory is failing me, is it a little bit more costly than the others.

I've heard Woo's Cafe (renovating???) on Osborne also is good... but I've never checked it out first hand.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #212  
Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 10:52 PM
jmt18325's Avatar
jmt18325 jmt18325 is offline
Heart of the Continent
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 7,286
I don't know if you have been to Smitty's lately, but IMO, they've gotten 10x better in the last couple of years.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #213  
Old Posted Apr 28, 2011, 1:13 AM
SKYSTHELIMIT's Avatar
SKYSTHELIMIT SKYSTHELIMIT is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 878
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberguy View Post
I went to IHOP last summer. It was good!
Was in Miami Beach in February and went to IHOP twice you should have seen the look on the face of the concierge at the Fontaine Bleau when we asked where the nearest one was.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #214  
Old Posted Apr 28, 2011, 2:09 PM
Biff's Avatar
Biff Biff is offline
What could go wrong?
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 9,938
In case some of you don't read in the Canada section i was on the Qdoba web site yesterday and they are currently looking for franchisers for Manitoba (Winnipeg & Brandon). If you like Mexican/Southwest you will like this place. The burrito's are awesome and fresh.....ohhh it is so good. I always have to eat either there or at Chipotle when i go to the States. Apparently Chipotle is looking to expand into western Canada as well. I love both of these chains.

www.qdoba.com
www.chipotle.com
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #215  
Old Posted Apr 28, 2011, 2:44 PM
h0twired's Avatar
h0twired h0twired is offline
Dynamic Positivity!
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 2,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
In case some of you don't read in the Canada section i was on the Qdoba web site yesterday and they are currently looking for franchisers for Manitoba (Winnipeg & Brandon). If you like Mexican/Southwest you will like this place. The burrito's are awesome and fresh.....ohhh it is so good. I always have to eat either there or at Chipotle when i go to the States. Apparently Chipotle is looking to expand into western Canada as well. I love both of these chains.

www.qdoba.com
www.chipotle.com
Qdoba is alright. However when it comes to chains I far prefer Mucho Burrito.

http://www.muchoburrito.com/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #216  
Old Posted Apr 28, 2011, 3:01 PM
Biff's Avatar
Biff Biff is offline
What could go wrong?
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 9,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0twired View Post
Qdoba is alright. However when it comes to chains I far prefer Mucho Burrito.

http://www.muchoburrito.com/
Yeah, i thought they were ok, i just ate at the Brookfield Centre one in Toronto last week. I just wasn't a fan of their tortilla wrap. I like the thinness of the Qdoba and Chipotle wraps.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #217  
Old Posted Apr 28, 2011, 8:29 PM
flatlander's Avatar
flatlander flatlander is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 2,370
Chipotle rocks.

Live close to Woo's. Looks like they've been 'renovating' for some time. Kind of like Basil's i think. Never looked appealing enough to me to go inside. Also didn't have high expectations for their $1.99 special.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #218  
Old Posted Apr 28, 2011, 9:49 PM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 40,129
has anyone had chronic taco?

they are so good


ocmexfood.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #219  
Old Posted Apr 29, 2011, 1:27 AM
h0twired's Avatar
h0twired h0twired is offline
Dynamic Positivity!
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 2,914
On the topic of tacos...

Anyone ever get tacos from that taco truck that is often downtown at lunch hour?

Noticed him on Portage in front of APTN today. How is the food? I was tempted to get something from him.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #220  
Old Posted Apr 29, 2011, 3:17 AM
1ajs's Avatar
1ajs 1ajs is offline
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: lynn lake
Posts: 26,525
wait theres a taco truck? damn
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:33 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.