HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Sports & Outdoor Recreation


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #701  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 3:24 AM
Cypherus's Avatar
Cypherus Cypherus is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Surrey
Posts: 1,759
As of Game 5:

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #702  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 3:35 AM
Yume-sama's Avatar
Yume-sama Yume-sama is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vancouver / Calgary / Tokyo
Posts: 7,523
Don't worry. I'm sure they were just paid off by Cactus Club and others to extend the series so they can still rake it in.
__________________
Visit me on Flickr! Really! I'm lonely.
http://www.flickr.com/syume
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #703  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 4:38 AM
Some guy's Avatar
Some guy Some guy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Don't worry about it
Posts: 302
How can this be happening???!!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #704  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 5:04 AM
agrant's Avatar
agrant agrant is offline
Cheers!
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,869
This is how the Canucks roll when they're in the playoffs.
__________________
I hate palm trees.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #705  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 5:29 AM
invisibleairwaves's Avatar
invisibleairwaves invisibleairwaves is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 638
What a disgrace.

Everyone's going to be blaming Luongo for this, but it isn't his fault at all. The team was a mess in front of him the whole game.

I'm seriously starting to get annoyed by AV's sudden obsession with physical play. It was fantastic in the first two games, but it's now crossed the line into dangerous and undisciplined territory. The team now spends way too much time shorthanded to get anything going. And there's no responsible defense to back up the crashing and banging. Why on earth was Ballard a healthy scratch?

At least they've got a 2-day break to calm down and refocus now.
__________________
Reticulating Splines
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #706  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 5:53 AM
dreambrother808 dreambrother808 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,429
After the third goal I couldn't watch anymore so I went on a bike ride from English Bay to Burnaby and back. I've never seen the city more quiet and depressed in all my time here.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #707  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 5:59 AM
WarrenC12's Avatar
WarrenC12 WarrenC12 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East OV!
Posts: 24,709
Is it time to panic yet? This team seriously needs to get over this mental issue with Chicago. Thank god they have 4 games to do it. I'm still fairly confident the Canucks can win.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #708  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 6:15 AM
wrenegade's Avatar
wrenegade wrenegade is offline
ON3P Skis
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lower Lonsdale, North Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,594
Tonight was disgusting. No other words. Really hope they can figure their 🞵🞵🞵🞵 out soon. Agreed it's not all Luongo's fault, but he has looked bad on a couple. That being said, when you only score 2 goals in 2 games and your opponent scores 12, it doesn't really matter does it?
__________________
Flickr
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #709  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 6:29 AM
Yume-sama's Avatar
Yume-sama Yume-sama is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vancouver / Calgary / Tokyo
Posts: 7,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreambrother808 View Post
After the third goal I couldn't watch anymore so I went on a bike ride from English Bay to Burnaby and back. I've never seen the city more quiet and depressed in all my time here.
That's saying quite a lot.
__________________
Visit me on Flickr! Really! I'm lonely.
http://www.flickr.com/syume
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #710  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 7:13 AM
whatnext whatnext is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 28,047
Wow, amazing how fast the wheels can fall off a bandwagon!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #711  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 8:16 AM
Vancity's Avatar
Vancity Vancity is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Richmond, BC
Posts: 1,637
We're not coming off the bandwagon. But when your team doesn't show up in an elimination game (game 5), and they give up FIVE goals - boy - it's a disgrace. The fans, who paid to go to that game, deserve better, and the Canucks as an organization need to bring more than they have the past two games. Being outscored 12-2 is NOT acceptable.

Momemtum is difficult to get. And right now, the Hawks have ALL the momentum. If Vancouver loses Game 6, I don't think the Canucks can recover mentally, from allowing a team that was down THREE games to NONE, for a game 7, winner-takes-all. Right now (and I hope that I am wrong), I think Chicago is going to win this series in 7 games.

Sedins may be great players in the regular season, but they don't seem to be able to have the ability to get it done when it matters most. Clutch players, they are not.

Aso for Luongo. The man doesn't seem to be able to get through the Hawks, and to be honest, with Kane and Toews as young as they are, the road to the Stanley Cup will be through Chicago (at least for now). If Lu can't get over the hurdle mentally, then he really does not deserve his contact. Put Schneider in there, and inflate his value, so that we can get some good value for him.

I don't think anyone expected Vancouver to sweep the Hawks. But when you have TWO opportunities of eliminating a team, and they don't do it - you don't deserve to go into the second round. I can't believe that this is the FIRST ROUND still. wow. Detroit didn't give Phoenix any kind of life. Coyotes were eliminated in 4 games. I guess we'll see what kind of character these players have. They have one more chance, and if they fail there, expect the meltdown to be completed in game 7. tonight's effort was disgusting to say the least.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #712  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2011, 7:08 AM
Cypherus's Avatar
Cypherus Cypherus is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Surrey
Posts: 1,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancity View Post
We're not coming off the bandwagon. But when your team doesn't show up in an elimination game (game 5), and they give up FIVE goals - boy - it's a disgrace. The fans, who paid to go to that game, deserve better, and the Canucks as an organization need to bring more than they have the past two games. Being outscored 12-2 is NOT acceptable.

Momemtum is difficult to get. And right now, the Hawks have ALL the momentum. If Vancouver loses Game 6, I don't think the Canucks can recover mentally, from allowing a team that was down THREE games to NONE, for a game 7, winner-takes-all. Right now (and I hope that I am wrong), I think Chicago is going to win this series in 7 games.

Sedins may be great players in the regular season, but they don't seem to be able to have the ability to get it done when it matters most. Clutch players, they are not.

Aso for Luongo. The man doesn't seem to be able to get through the Hawks, and to be honest, with Kane and Toews as young as they are, the road to the Stanley Cup will be through Chicago (at least for now). If Lu can't get over the hurdle mentally, then he really does not deserve his contact. Put Schneider in there, and inflate his value, so that we can get some good value for him.

I don't think anyone expected Vancouver to sweep the Hawks. But when you have TWO opportunities of eliminating a team, and they don't do it - you don't deserve to go into the second round. I can't believe that this is the FIRST ROUND still. wow. Detroit didn't give Phoenix any kind of life. Coyotes were eliminated in 4 games. I guess we'll see what kind of character these players have. They have one more chance, and if they fail there, expect the meltdown to be completed in game 7. tonight's effort was disgusting to say the least.
Couldn't agree with you more. When you have two players who've won the Hart Trophy in the current and prior season, along with a Vezina nominated goaltender, combining to make make up a Presidents' Trophy winning team, you expect a solid playoff performing team.

If you're called a bandwagon fan for observing the team's lackadaisical performance, then perhaps it is the loyal fans who are turning the other cheek to the situation. That is, the Canucks can yet again tear down the hopes and dreams of its fans as they have been doing for the past 25 years since I've been a fan.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #713  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2011, 7:29 AM
cabotp cabotp is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by awvan View Post
Tonight was disgusting. No other words. Really hope they can figure their 🞵🞵🞵🞵 out soon. Agreed it's not all Luongo's fault, but he has looked bad on a couple. That being said, when you only score 2 goals in 2 games and your opponent scores 12, it doesn't really matter does it?

Disgusting doesn't even describe how I fell. Disgusting is minor to what I really think. And I can't even post what I really thing because I'd get banned and probably end up in jail for uttering threats that are way beyond human nature.

In other words I'm 🞵🞵🞵 🞵🞵🞵🞵 bleeping pissed the right bleeping off.

Thank god I have to work when the games are on and don't have to watch this 🞵🞵🞵🞵.

I will say this though if this team looses this series. I want the whole 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 team gone. Either trade or give away every 🞵🞵🞵 🞵🞵🞵🞵 player. Heads seriously need to role.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #714  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2011, 9:59 PM
Cypherus's Avatar
Cypherus Cypherus is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Surrey
Posts: 1,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabotp View Post
I will say this though if this team looses this series. I want the whole 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 team gone. Either trade or give away every 🞵🞵🞵 🞵🞵🞵🞵 player. Heads seriously need to role.
Maybe a team with less Swedes and therefore more grit? Just saying.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #715  
Old Posted Apr 24, 2011, 1:15 AM
invisibleairwaves's Avatar
invisibleairwaves invisibleairwaves is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherus View Post
Maybe a team with less Swedes and therefore more grit? Just saying.
The Canucks have thoroughly outhit the Blackhawks in this series. Silly ethnic stereotypes have no relevance here. I mean, seriously, have you seen Alex Edler's play lately?

As for heads rolling, I think Raffi Torres needs to go no matter what happens this round. He's gone from being a solid physical presence to an outright dirty menace and a penalty liability on the ice. The hit on Seabrook was arguably the turning point of the series so far. And if the Canucks somehow manage to lose this round, even Jack Adams frontrunner Alain Vigneault needs to be called into question. He may just be the best regular-season coach in the league, but his playoff decision-making is seriously dubious and the Hawks are exposing that right now.
__________________
Reticulating Splines
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #716  
Old Posted Apr 24, 2011, 5:15 PM
GeeCee's Avatar
GeeCee GeeCee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Posts: 2,816
Hopefully the boys can wrap this one up tonight. No more friggin Chelsea Dagger!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #717  
Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 3:00 AM
invisibleairwaves's Avatar
invisibleairwaves invisibleairwaves is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 638
Well, damn.
__________________
Reticulating Splines
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #718  
Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 3:02 AM
teriyaki teriyaki is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 606
Chicago outplayed in every way and Canucks deserved the win. Bad break for Luongo on that one. Looks like its gonna be a good game on Tuesday.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #719  
Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 3:17 AM
xd_1771's Avatar
xd_1771 xd_1771 is offline
(daka_x)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Metro Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 1,740
I say we start boarding up our windows and preparing for riots after game 7 on Tuesday... because if they lose, you know it's going to happen
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #720  
Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 3:27 AM
CoryHolmes CoryHolmes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,031
I thought tonight was well-played by our boys. They led every period save for OT and they had good dicipline to stay out of the box (even if the refs were psychotic...) and controlled the puck very well in their own end as well as the offensive zone.

This is a very welcome change from the team that barely phoned in a performance in their last two games.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Sports & Outdoor Recreation
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:16 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.