HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #241  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 6:16 PM
bunt_q's Avatar
bunt_q bunt_q is offline
Provincial Bumpkin
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 13,203
Why are we talking development in the microbrewery? Or is the development of a microbrewery an exception.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #242  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 6:41 PM
The Dirt The Dirt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,215
I think we'll need to rename this thread to "Mountain West Microbrew: Chit chat, irrelevancy, and microbrew development". God help us all.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #243  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 7:30 PM
s.p.hansen's Avatar
s.p.hansen s.p.hansen is offline
Exurb Enjoyer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Great Salt Lake, Utah
Posts: 2,262
I don't seem to see an appropriate section for this so I'll post it here.

Since there hasn't been enough time nor interest to foster a decent rivalry yet I think Colorado should be included in our celebration of the fact that for Real Salt Lake a win or a 1-1 draw (this coming Wednesday) will earn them a ticket to international soccer, a first not only for the team but for Major League Soccer.

Real Salt Lake is spitting distance from getting into the FIFA Club World Cup!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #244  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 7:49 PM
Cirrus's Avatar
Cirrus Cirrus is offline
cities|transit|croissants
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,718
Good for Real, and for MLS.

For the record, US teams won the CONCACAF in 2000 and 1998 and would have qualified for the Club World Cup if it had existed then in its present form.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #245  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 8:16 PM
bunt_q's Avatar
bunt_q bunt_q is offline
Provincial Bumpkin
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 13,203
Wow, good for them. Kid of sad that I haven't heard a thing about it. They went to Monterrey and got a draw? Impressive.

Although I think it'd draw more than a few chuckles if Real Salt Lake went off to play "Real" Madrid. . I'll cheer for them over Barcelona, just to hope for that matchup.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #246  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 8:24 PM
Strange Meat's Avatar
Strange Meat Strange Meat is offline
I like this much better
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: 5280
Posts: 8,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.p.hansen View Post
I don't seem to see an appropriate section for this so I'll post it here.

Since there hasn't been enough time nor interest to foster a decent rivalry yet I think Colorado should be included in our celebration of the fact that for Real Salt Lake a win or a 1-1 draw (this coming Wednesday) will earn them a ticket to international soccer, a first not only for the team but for Major League Soccer.

Real Salt Lake is spitting distance from getting into the FIFA Club World Cup!
I don't think people in Colorado should be cheering that on. No rivalry? You realize that most Rapids fans hate RSL more than anyone else, right?

It's kinda like saying - Hey Broncos fans, the Raiders/Chiefs/Chargers won some competition, you should be proud of them! Hell no.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #247  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 8:35 PM
bunt_q's Avatar
bunt_q bunt_q is offline
Provincial Bumpkin
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 13,203
The Raiders don't play many Mexican teams...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #248  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 9:06 PM
s.p.hansen's Avatar
s.p.hansen s.p.hansen is offline
Exurb Enjoyer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Great Salt Lake, Utah
Posts: 2,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Meat View Post
I don't think people in Colorado should be cheering that on. No rivalry? You realize that most Rapids fans hate RSL more than anyone else, right?

It's kinda like saying - Hey Broncos fans, the Raiders/Chiefs/Chargers won some competition, you should be proud of them! Hell no.




The analogy doesn't stick because one of the NFL teams does not go on to represent the United States in a world competition. So I'm not really following your logic here.

I think MSL in the United States would be happy to get ANY of their teams into the FIFA Cup to increase their support at home and respect abroad.

And it was sure nice of the Rapids to voluntarily reschedule their game against us this season so that we would have no competition between our two CONCACAF games. I think it's clear MSL is in it to win it. And I'd bet that all of Real's "rival" teams (I think you need non soccer specific fans in a geographical area to hate the other team to have a real rivalry) are probably crossing their fingers for Real's success.

I'm totally in the same boat as bunt_q; I would love to see the greatest irony / wordplay in soccer play out with Salt Lake and Madrid!

Last edited by s.p.hansen; Apr 22, 2011 at 9:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #249  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 9:11 PM
Eeyore Eeyore is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pueblo - Southern Colorado's "alpha city"
Posts: 7,531
Soccer... Sure the guys are hot but what a boring sport.....
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #250  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 11:01 PM
Brainpathology's Avatar
Brainpathology Brainpathology is offline
of Gnomeregan
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tacoma
Posts: 1,879
What sport are guys not hot in? I mean even in ice hockey they exert themselves so much that everyone is sweating by the end. Maybe the guys are cold in Curling? I just don't follow what you're saying.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #251  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 11:09 PM
bunt_q's Avatar
bunt_q bunt_q is offline
Provincial Bumpkin
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 13,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainpathology View Post
What sport are guys not hot in? I mean even in ice hockey they exert themselves so much that everyone is sweating by the end. Maybe the guys are cold in Curling? I just don't follow what you're saying.
Well, not to hit too close to home for you, but bowling. Bowling guys are not hot.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #252  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2011, 1:48 AM
Strange Meat's Avatar
Strange Meat Strange Meat is offline
I like this much better
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: 5280
Posts: 8,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.p.hansen View Post



The analogy doesn't stick because one of the NFL teams does not go on to represent the United States in a world competition. So I'm not really following your logic here.

I think MSL in the United States would be happy to get ANY of their teams into the FIFA Cup to increase their support at home and respect abroad.

And it was sure nice of the Rapids to voluntarily reschedule their game against us this season so that we would have no competition between our two CONCACAF games. I think it's clear MSL is in it to win it. And I'd bet that all of Real's "rival" teams (I think you need non soccer specific fans in a geographical area to hate the other team to have a real rivalry) are probably crossing their fingers for Real's success.

I'm totally in the same boat as bunt_q; I would love to see the greatest irony / wordplay in soccer play out with Salt Lake and Madrid!
So you'd cheer on a team you hate? I don't follow THAT logic.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #253  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2011, 1:57 AM
Eeyore Eeyore is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pueblo - Southern Colorado's "alpha city"
Posts: 7,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainpathology View Post
What sport are guys not hot in? I mean even in ice hockey they exert themselves so much that everyone is sweating by the end. Maybe the guys are cold in Curling? I just don't follow what you're saying.
While hockey guys can be hot they are usually more beat up then soccer guys. Football guys are usually more built then I like so the two sports I think the guys are the hottest in are soccer and basketball. I guess I just like what they wear in both of the sports, shorts and short sleeve shirts.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #254  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2011, 2:04 AM
Brainpathology's Avatar
Brainpathology Brainpathology is offline
of Gnomeregan
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tacoma
Posts: 1,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt_q View Post
Well, not to hit too close to home for you, but bowling. Bowling guys are not hot.
lol... only because bowling alleys usually don't have good AC
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #255  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2011, 2:05 AM
Strange Meat's Avatar
Strange Meat Strange Meat is offline
I like this much better
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: 5280
Posts: 8,614
And by the way, you know it's MLS not MSL, right?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #256  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2011, 2:06 AM
Strange Meat's Avatar
Strange Meat Strange Meat is offline
I like this much better
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: 5280
Posts: 8,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
While hockey guys can be hot they are usually more beat up then soccer guys. Football guys are usually more built then I like so the two sports I think the guys are the hottest in are soccer and basketball. I guess I just like what they wear in both of the sports, shorts and short sleeve shirts.
Do you make your march madness picks based on mascot or team colors or whomever has the 'cutest' captain?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #257  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2011, 2:11 AM
Brainpathology's Avatar
Brainpathology Brainpathology is offline
of Gnomeregan
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tacoma
Posts: 1,879
He doesn't know what March Madness is.....

It confuses people from Pueblo to confine madness to one month
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #258  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2011, 2:27 AM
s.p.hansen's Avatar
s.p.hansen s.p.hansen is offline
Exurb Enjoyer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Great Salt Lake, Utah
Posts: 2,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Meat View Post
And by the way, you know it's MLS not MSL, right?
Yes, because that makes sense. I'm acronym challenged. I hope you got the spirit of it despite the error.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Meat View Post
So you'd cheer on a team you hate? I don't follow THAT logic.
On days like today there was just too much sunshine on my shoulders to not be happy. I have hard time hating anything with John Denver songs playing in my head.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #259  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2011, 3:06 AM
Strange Meat's Avatar
Strange Meat Strange Meat is offline
I like this much better
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: 5280
Posts: 8,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.p.hansen View Post
Yes, because that makes sense. I'm acronym challenged. I hope you got the spirit of it despite the error.




On days like today there was just too much sunshine on my shoulders to not be happy. I have hard time hating anything with John Denver songs playing in my head.
Haha, no, I got it, but like I said, I, along with all Rapids fans (by the way... what do you mean no rivalry? There is the Rocky Mountain Cup, ya know?) hate RSL. They get no love, and shouldn't expect any. Now I guess if you're a Timbers fan or something, sure, yeah, cheer for the MLS team.



Good show at the Bluebird last night:

• Video Link

• Video Link


he was just at Cervantes a few months back, too, and that was one of the most smoked out shows I've ever been to. Gotta love Cervantes.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #260  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2011, 3:55 AM
Eeyore Eeyore is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pueblo - Southern Colorado's "alpha city"
Posts: 7,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Meat View Post
Do you make your march madness picks based on mascot or team colors or whomever has the 'cutest' captain?
The only sport I watch is football and even there I only pay attention to two teams. The Denver Broncos and The CSU Pueblo Thunderwolvs.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:19 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.