HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Apr 9, 2011, 11:29 PM
SFUVancouver's Avatar
SFUVancouver SFUVancouver is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 6,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
I do trust my own eyes, which tell me that with the possible exception of rush hour, there is next to no bicycle traffic on the viaducts when I travel them.
I also trust mine and when I ride the viaduct outside of rush hour there is next to no traffic congestion, certainly no more than any other downtown street. In my observation as someone who rides Dunsmuir daily the factors that are causing congestion are: (1) the overly long pedestrain controlled traffic lights at Citadel Parade which are often out of sync with Beatty Street. (2) much too long a light at Beatty for north-south travel. (3) vehicles getting stuck behind the new passenger/taxi zones for the St. Regis Hotel and the Shore Club.
__________________
VANCOUVER | Beautiful, Multicultural | Canada's Pacific Metropolis
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:17 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.