HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction


Two World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

• Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

• Map Location
• New York Projects & Construction Forum

 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #9  
Old Posted Apr 7, 2011, 9:24 PM
Kippis's Avatar
Kippis Kippis is offline
Chicagoland Runaway
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Winfield, IL
Posts: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanImpressionist View Post

I think I'm in the minority for not being in love with this one. Perhaps it's exactly what JMGarcia points out ...it doesn't fit in with the rest. Poor composition overall.

or perhaps it's because the top diamond doesn't get finished with a similar facade.
I actually think that's just one of the new complex's many strengths. There were several conceptual master plans that had the WTC complex clustered with similar looking towers -- I absolutely hated that. The nice thing about the composition of these towers, other than their stellar designs overall, is the fact that they aren't going to be "dime a dozen" blase towers.

I'm even going to go as far as saying that 2WTC is my favorite design out of all the new towers going up, and that certainly includes 1WTC...or Freedom Tower. Whatever the hell they're calling it these days
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:54 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.