Looks great. By watching the video it looks like the bus lane down Walterdale Hill will be eliminated. I'm happy that the hokey transit signal at the bottom of the hill will be eliminated, but why not keep the hill three lanes down as the bridge is also three lanes? I was also hoping that the bridge might be four lanes, but even with only one additional lane as compared to existing, increased traffic capacity will be greater than the 50% afforded due to the addition of one lane. They'll be capacity benefits due to revised road alignments (ie removal of the "S" at the bottom of QEPR), and bridge deck material change. Build it.
I think we are all kidding ourselves in thinking this will ever be our 'signature' bridge. The High Level is our Brooklyn, our Lions Gate, our Golden Gate.
Looks good. Really tall, but it looks very 'open' as you drive through. I like that.
Removing the 90degree turn at the bottom of the hill is good and bad. Bad because now you can turn right on the red, and without the 90 you won't. Good because it'll result in less accidents I believe.
I can't tell, are they changing the hairpin with a hook?
anyone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx
I think we are all kidding ourselves in thinking this will ever be our 'signature' bridge. The High Level is our Brooklyn, our Lions Gate, our Golden Gate.
it could be our esplanade riel, our millennium, our sydney harbour, our erasmus.
I think we are all kidding ourselves in thinking this will ever be our 'signature' bridge. The High Level is our Brooklyn, our Lions Gate, our Golden Gate.