Quote:
Originally Posted by Hed Kandi
The renderings of this tower were ultimately very deceptive.
If only the the reflective glass of the north face had been carried around the entire building, this one would have been something truly special.
Instead we are left with a piece of brutalist hell that would rightly fit in with 1960's Brasilia.
|
I agree with you that it's a disappointment. It's austere, that's for sure, but I wouldn't call it Brutalist Hell from Brasilia. (never been down there, but, boy it sho' is an ugly city !!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikePhanta
I should have taken a picture from around Canada Place, I didn't even know that it was Jameson house
but boy oh boy is the Financial district DEAD on the weekends 
|
That's very typical of financial districts in most cities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx
"Sadly, this building is very Vancouver, which is no stranger to exposed concrete. The southside of this building is just a 2011 version of any of the dilapidated brutalist concrete apartment blocks in the West End."
... exposed concrete in common perhaps, but pretty cool if you ask me.
|
I don't think that just because a building uses exposed concrete as its principal design medium that it should automatically be condemned. Plain concrete, done right, can look very elegant, but it takes a lot of design skill to get the effect right.