HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > London Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Mar 7, 2011, 2:28 AM
manny_santos's Avatar
manny_santos manny_santos is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Westminster
Posts: 5,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpseatles View Post
I don't want to sound like an idiot here, but why exactly did the city annex Westminister? It doesn't seem like there would be any reason to do so. It's just agricultural land that's decades away from ever being developed, whereas areas north and west in the city are pushing against the city limits.
I don't recall the entire story, but I know that a large number of industrial developments were locating in Westminster by the 1980s. I know that some industrial properties in Westminster gained access to City of London services in the late 1980s. Perhaps the City of London decided they would be better off having those lands within city limits to gain tax assessment from land they were servicing anyway.

Why they annexed everything up to the Elgin County line is beyond me though.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > London Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:37 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.