Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassic Lab
I would not be surprised if the operational profit on a combined N-SE line was in the neighbourhood of 150-200 million a year in 2010 dollars. The city has reported operational expenses on the current LRT system of roughly $0.25 per rider. The question is how would that change the current revenue versus cost situation for Calgary Transit. If we would end up with significant savings it could really help us to afford a major contribution.
|
I would be surprised
150,000,000/365 days= 410958.9 Profit a day
410958.9/$2.25= 182648.4 passengers a day
Consider a person takes 2 trips a day.
So about 91,000 people a day need to make a trip back and forth everyday of the year. About 8% of the population of Calgary.
Currently the
Weekday boardings for the South and NW line is about 190,000.
So yeah, I would be quite surprised. 100 million might be more realistic.