HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth


    King's Wharf Lot I in the SkyscraperPage Database

• Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Halifax Skyscraper Diagram

• Map Location

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #681  
Old Posted Jan 9, 2011, 4:39 PM
macgregor macgregor is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 213
Thanks for all of the pics. Sorry to hear you got stuck in Dartmouth.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #682  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2011, 8:44 PM
Halifax Privateer Halifax Privateer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 17
I dropped by the Kings Wharf development yesterday.... it will be one impressive development if it gets finished in its entirety. The Model suite is spectacular with wrap around glass from floor to ceiling in the great room. This will have a very positive impact on our downtowns.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #683  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2011, 9:42 PM
Halifaxgus Halifaxgus is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7
My apologies.

I just registered here, although I've been "lurking" for some time. It's dark now, but from where I'm sitting I look out over the King's Wharf Construction.

I promise that I'll contribute pictures soon. As someone pointed out, the parking lot behind the Royal Bank is the best place, even better than here.

Thank you all for the marvelous pictures and comments.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #684  
Old Posted Jan 16, 2011, 7:41 AM
worldlyhaligonian worldlyhaligonian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxgus View Post
I just registered here, although I've been "lurking" for some time. It's dark now, but from where I'm sitting I look out over the King's Wharf Construction.

I promise that I'll contribute pictures soon. As someone pointed out, the parking lot behind the Royal Bank is the best place, even better than here.

Thank you all for the marvelous pictures and comments.
Welcome to the forum, I look forward to your updates on this project!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #685  
Old Posted Jan 22, 2011, 6:10 PM
kph06's Avatar
kph06 kph06 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,105
Photo update by me:











Reply With Quote
     
     
  #686  
Old Posted Jan 22, 2011, 6:34 PM
fenwick16 fenwick16 is offline
Honored Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto area (ex-Nova Scotian)
Posts: 5,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by kph06 View Post
Photo update by me:




Thanks for the pictures kph06. Do you know which King's Wharf building is planned for this specific spot? (Is this where the iconic tower is going?) PS: I don't think that it is the iconic tower based on the site plan but I am not exactly sure what area of the site plan that it is. Is this immediately next to the Keelson?

Last edited by fenwick16; Jan 22, 2011 at 7:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #687  
Old Posted Jan 22, 2011, 6:39 PM
DigitalNinja DigitalNinja is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 966
Yeah Fenwick, it seems to be going out on the edge there.

I'm pretty sure from their website that the closest building to the train tracks is the apartment building... But maybe I'm looking at it wrong...

http://kings.extremegroupdev.com/images/uploads/Site%20Plan-popup.png

I wonder when the commercial pavillion will go up between both buildings, probably will be one of the last things to go up.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #688  
Old Posted Jan 22, 2011, 8:06 PM
dmac26 dmac26 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 31
I talked to the woman in the sales centre the other day and she said the Keelson towers completed by 2012 and iconic tower is scheduled to be completed by 2015. I haven't heard anymore about a final height but I know sales are going really well for this tower.

She also mentioned once the parking levels of the Keelson are poured we will see the other floors go up much quicker, about one level a week.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #689  
Old Posted Jan 22, 2011, 8:44 PM
Wishblade's Avatar
Wishblade Wishblade is offline
You talkin' to me?
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac26 View Post
I talked to the woman in the sales centre the other day and she said the Keelson towers completed by 2012 and iconic tower is scheduled to be completed by 2015. I haven't heard anymore about a final height but I know sales are going really well for this tower.

She also mentioned once the parking levels of the Keelson are poured we will see the other floors go up much quicker, about one level a week.
I heard somewhere once that the iconic tower was supposed to be ~105m tall.

Its great to hear they have such a tight timeline for this project. Lets hope they stick to it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #690  
Old Posted Jan 23, 2011, 12:19 AM
FuzzyWuz FuzzyWuz is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 350
The center of that pic is where we will see the new public street I believe. The iconic tower will be all the way to the end and slightly to the right(east). I'm curious though. They seem to have put a lot of fill in spots where they will be putting buildings C and D. Isn't that just going to have to be removed when they start preparing those sites? Or is there something I'm not considering? Will those buildings be at a higher elevation to start?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #691  
Old Posted Jan 23, 2011, 7:34 AM
halifaxboyns halifaxboyns is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet earth
Posts: 3,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuz View Post
The center of that pic is where we will see the new public street I believe. The iconic tower will be all the way to the end and slightly to the right(east). I'm curious though. They seem to have put a lot of fill in spots where they will be putting buildings C and D. Isn't that just going to have to be removed when they start preparing those sites? Or is there something I'm not considering? Will those buildings be at a higher elevation to start?
I suspect it might be that they have limited room to store materials perhaps? The iconic tower is so far off from centre because it was just outside the outer edge of the brightwood viewplane and I believe it's built on what is now a waterlot, that will be filled in.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #692  
Old Posted Jan 23, 2011, 3:31 PM
dmac26 dmac26 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 31
They are putting a lot of fill into the site. I dont think they will have to excavate this fill later on- remember this is a water lot and parking is not below ground it is above ground. They fill these areas and then pile drive in supports to pour concrete. There is still substantial amounts of fill to come, the entire site is going to be brought up to where the fill is on the central road.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #693  
Old Posted Jan 23, 2011, 3:52 PM
fenwick16 fenwick16 is offline
Honored Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto area (ex-Nova Scotian)
Posts: 5,558
It is an interesting plan. The iconic tower will be a few hundred feet out into where the harbour currently is. I imagine that it will take a large number of piles to support the ~100m iconic tower. I wonder if people will be calling it the iconic tower for many years to come?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #694  
Old Posted Jan 23, 2011, 5:31 PM
-Harlington-'s Avatar
-Harlington- -Harlington- is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Halifax-Nova Scotia
Posts: 1,097
ill probly just call it the kings wharf tower unless it comes out with an actuall name, iconic tower is just what it is, i think it would be odd to keep calling it that
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #695  
Old Posted Jan 23, 2011, 6:45 PM
someone123's Avatar
someone123 someone123 is offline
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 35,993
They're looking for naming suggestions. Not sure when they plan on choosing a winner.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #696  
Old Posted Jan 23, 2011, 7:05 PM
fenwick16 fenwick16 is offline
Honored Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto area (ex-Nova Scotian)
Posts: 5,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
They're looking for naming suggestions. Not sure when they plan on choosing a winner.
How about the Harbour Pinnacle Tower? I sent it to the address in your link.

Thanks for the link.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #697  
Old Posted Jan 24, 2011, 2:09 AM
DigitalNinja DigitalNinja is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 966
I submitted one a while ago, I put in "The Bowfront" Keeping with the ship theme of The Keelston.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #698  
Old Posted Jan 24, 2011, 1:18 PM
JET JET is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenwick16 View Post
How about the Harbour Pinnacle Tower? I sent it to the address in your link.

Thanks for the link.
Interesting, the Pinnacle is the name of a project that was planned for the Royal Bank parking lot.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #699  
Old Posted Jan 24, 2011, 1:25 PM
fenwick16 fenwick16 is offline
Honored Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto area (ex-Nova Scotian)
Posts: 5,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
Interesting, the Pinnacle is the name of a project that was planned for the Royal Bank parking lot.
It seems to fit a 30 plus story building better. However, if it is being used for a nearby building then I guess it rules it out. It has been used for buildings in other cities so it isn't really a unique name. (Coming up with a unique name will likely be impossible).

Are there renderings for the project at the Royal Bank parking lot?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #700  
Old Posted Jan 24, 2011, 2:26 PM
JET JET is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,055
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenwick16 View Post
It seems to fit a 30 plus story building better. However, if it is being used for a nearby building then I guess it rules it out. It has been used for buildings in other cities so it isn't really a unique name. (Coming up with a unique name will likely be impossible).

Are there renderings for the project at the Royal Bank parking lot?
I was wrong about the name, is was the Sentinel, good name,
http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/inpr/su/su...-Development-Corporation-Halifax-N-S.pdf pg 3
"The second project involving a 130-unit condominium
in downtown Dartmouth is currently proceeding
through the approval process.The Sentinel will consist
of a 10-storey building along with three-storey
townhouses on land that has been vacant for many
years. Construction should start in 2003/04 and the
project will be completed in 2005/06."
Seems like there was a problem with funding and the market at that time. That may change; does free up the Pinnacle name
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:49 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.