Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorenza
All I'm saying is, the US and Atlanta are in decline. The deficit is not just a theory. We can no longer afford the discretionary items like infrastructure improvements.
The Atlanta fall in income, employment and real estate value is worse than any other metropolitan area in the country except Detroit. I think the situation will not turn around - and we better accept it. That's my opinion.
|
So you are basically just giving up on Atlanta? Why bother with badly needed infrastructure improvements when you think it won't matter, right? That's pretty ridiculous way to look at things... I mean,
one reason Atlanta grew so much is due to our past investments in infrastructure. Now the growth has more than caught up with those investments, and we need to re-invest to ensure we stay competitive. And, we can afford it... with a one cent sales tax that will bring in billions of dollars. It's a very small sacrifice to ensure the state and metro area you and I live in and have a vested interest in continues to prosper.
Atlanta was one of the, if not the fastest growing metro areas in the country in all aspects... so wouldn't it be fair to say that during a period of great decline, Atlanta, which grew faster than the rest, would decline faster than everyone else?