HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive


    Rush Hospital East Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

• Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Chicago Skyscraper Diagram

• Map Location
• Chicago Projects & Construction Forum

 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #221  
Old Posted Dec 30, 2010, 9:44 PM
patriotizzy's Avatar
patriotizzy patriotizzy is offline
Metal Up Your !
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 1,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSsocal View Post
It looks cool in an evil-empire sort of way.
lol, it sort of looks like something you'd see constructed in North Korea.
     
     
  #222  
Old Posted Jan 3, 2011, 6:42 AM
LanvinHomme's Avatar
LanvinHomme LanvinHomme is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 44
I love it! but why white . I know its a hospital but why WHITE?! A silver-ish color would of been great or red lol.
     
     
  #223  
Old Posted Jan 4, 2011, 12:45 AM
sentinel's Avatar
sentinel sentinel is offline
Plenary pleasures.
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: CHI/MRY
Posts: 4,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotizzy View Post
lol, it sort of looks like something you'd see constructed in North Korea.
You're just jealous

I think it's a pretty — shape - most hospitals are still pretty rectilinear, but this one is definitely unique, there's no denying that..
     
     
  #224  
Old Posted Jan 4, 2011, 1:56 AM
patriotizzy's Avatar
patriotizzy patriotizzy is offline
Metal Up Your !
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 1,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
You're just jealous

I think it's a pretty — shape - most hospitals are still pretty rectilinear, but this one is definitely unique, there's no denying that..
No, I love the new hospital! I was talking about the black building in the last picture
     
     
  #225  
Old Posted Jan 4, 2011, 1:57 AM
ChiTownCity ChiTownCity is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicago, USA
Posts: 1,163
^ I think he was refering to that uic building... atleast its not half as bad as the majority of those commieblocks in china...


Quote:
Originally Posted by LanvinHomme View Post
I love it! but why white . I know its a hospital but why WHITE?! A silver-ish color would of been great or red lol.
And Yes!!! Silver would have worked prefectly imo. not grey but a metallic silver or hell a shiny apple red would've looked great.
     
     
  #226  
Old Posted Jan 4, 2011, 3:32 AM
sentinel's Avatar
sentinel sentinel is offline
Plenary pleasures.
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: CHI/MRY
Posts: 4,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotizzy View Post
No, I love the new hospital! I was talking about the black building in the last picture
I misread, my bad - apologies patriotizzy

There is this new Cancer hospital in Cleveland that also has a very distinctive shape to it - it 'bells' out towards the bottom in a very graceful curve; I think it's perhaps 10 stories? I find it interesting that health-care is finally realizing the benefits of unique or different approaches to space-programming in the design of new facilities - the gigantic new Silver Cross hospital in New Lenox is also a good example (almost looks like a huge four-leaf clover in plan)..
     
     
  #227  
Old Posted Jan 5, 2011, 12:38 AM
Nowhereman1280 Nowhereman1280 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pungent Onion, Illinois
Posts: 8,423
No, screw silver. There are all kinds of silver buildings and very few white ones. The last thing we need is another boring silver building.
     
     
  #228  
Old Posted Jan 5, 2011, 4:29 PM
ChicagoChicago ChicagoChicago is offline
Chicago carpetbagger
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chicago, Atlanta, Nashville
Posts: 662
The additions have been white (at least they used to be white). White insinuates sterility. I think the building is gorgeous just the way it is.
     
     
  #229  
Old Posted Jan 5, 2011, 4:44 PM
J_M_Tungsten's Avatar
J_M_Tungsten J_M_Tungsten is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,379
^^^ when its new, yes. After a couple of years, not so clean anymore. The new ortho buiding already has a lot of dirt over the white panels. I'm wondering how they can clean it though.
     
     
  #230  
Old Posted Jan 6, 2011, 1:09 AM
Nowhereman1280 Nowhereman1280 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pungent Onion, Illinois
Posts: 8,423
^^^ The building I work in is made of glass and metal panels and the window washers just wipe it all down and squeegee everything, metal plates and all.

Also, tell Milwaukee that white buildings get dirty easily. Milwaukee has more white buildings in any one spot than I've seen anywhere else. Even the brick there is creme instead of red. The Milwaukee Art Museum, US Bank Tower, 6th Street Bridge, University Club Tower, Amtrak Station (this is right next to diesel spewing trains mind you), Pier Wisconsin Building, and many others are all still perfectly white...
     
     
  #231  
Old Posted Jan 6, 2011, 1:48 AM
Rizzo Rizzo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,296
I'm not sure who makes the metal panels on this building, Centria maybe? Anyway, they clean up nice. Indeed, rough and textures surfaces tend to hide dirt more...but when you construct something as clean and sleek looking as this building, it's just a reality that every so often you clean the walls as well. But yeah, I've noticed the other buildings, they REALLY need to be washed
     
     
  #232  
Old Posted Jan 6, 2011, 5:17 PM
ChicagoChicago ChicagoChicago is offline
Chicago carpetbagger
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chicago, Atlanta, Nashville
Posts: 662
^^^
The do need to be cleaned, and they probably will be. They are likely waiting for the construction related dust to subside a little.
     
     
  #233  
Old Posted Jan 20, 2011, 9:20 PM
J_M_Tungsten's Avatar
J_M_Tungsten J_M_Tungsten is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,379
1-20
Decorative screening going up on the mechanical floors.
     
     
  #234  
Old Posted Jan 20, 2011, 11:46 PM
Alliance's Avatar
Alliance Alliance is offline
NEW YORK | CHICAGO
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,532
SWEETNESS! You can still see some of that green.
     
     
  #235  
Old Posted Jan 21, 2011, 2:54 AM
Nowhereman1280 Nowhereman1280 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pungent Onion, Illinois
Posts: 8,423
What an excellent building! Turning out extremely well.
     
     
  #236  
Old Posted Jan 21, 2011, 2:58 AM
Busy Bee's Avatar
Busy Bee Busy Bee is offline
Closeted Normie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: on the artistic spectrum
Posts: 13,242
I kinda liked the green by itself.
     
     
  #237  
Old Posted Jan 21, 2011, 7:26 PM
patriotizzy's Avatar
patriotizzy patriotizzy is offline
Metal Up Your !
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 1,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
I kinda liked the green by itself.
I think that bright green by itself would be too much.
     
     
  #238  
Old Posted Jan 21, 2011, 10:00 PM
Nowhereman1280 Nowhereman1280 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pungent Onion, Illinois
Posts: 8,423
Was the green intentional?
     
     
  #239  
Old Posted Jan 21, 2011, 10:51 PM
Aleks's Avatar
Aleks Aleks is offline
cookies, skittles & milk
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 5,980
yeah that green would not go well with this building. love the way they added color while keeping it toned down though. those metallic coverings are really sweet to the eye!
     
     
  #240  
Old Posted Jan 22, 2011, 4:35 PM
Venom Venom is offline
We are Venom!
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Maywood/Lawrence and Kedzie, Chicago
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by trvlr70 View Post
^^^^^
I hope I get sick so I can have that view from my hospital bed.
I was in-patient at Children's hospital for about a week and I had a great view of the skyline
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:59 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.