Personally, I think all the new condos in downtown Toronto make it look ugly as sin. You can't even see the SkyDome anymore because it's shrouded by these horrid monstrosities (that includes you, Maple Leaf Square!). Maybe visible from the Gardiner but that's about it. If you covered the roof of the dome in graffiti, no one would really notice.
This type of "Vancouverism", indeed works in Vancouver, SF, hell...even Halifax. Keyword here though is coast, not lake! Anyone get where I'm coming from? The awesome scenery can back up the numerous condos. Toronto..eh..mainly has skyscrapers from the 80s-90s to draw your attention away. I live in Hamilton and can't bare the day where all I see is condo after condo. Toronto
is running out of room but why the hell compact a 3-5 km stretch with as many people as you can?
I understand developers want...need...want to make money but really, they could care less if they built on top of the 9th hole of St. George golf course, just as long as they make that extra buck.
Although a few look nice in place, but Toronto's taking it a way too far like a kid in a candy store with a million bucks and the sad part is, this glass tower — will be there for decades on end
My case in point: ................................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium
|