Quote:
Originally Posted by bwonger06
It really depends how they build out the block. Is it going to be something similar to Georgetown which is more like a satellite campus with its own gym, dorms, library and classrooms or a more traditional law school which is integrated into the campus setting with just one or two buildings totally devoted to law school.
And talking about college degrees, AZ will look like the dumbest state in the US if we elect brewer as governor because she would be the only sitting governor to get elected directly into the role without a college degree.
And to trigirdbers, if you have decent grades (top 25-50%) and on some kind of law review I would say you have a really good shot at landing a job if there are still spots available. I would contact a few alumni who are Partners at the big firms and ask to speak to them for 10 or 15 minutes (check websites for college and name). Ask them about AZ, how they made the transition from an elite school to AZ, any kind of advice, etc. At the end what kind of advice he can give for a person wanting to move back to Phoenix and which firms are hiring.
|
Doesn't matter if it is intigrated with the main campus. Both examples I cited (Penn and Chicago) are on the same campus as the main universities. They still take up 1-2 city blocks.
Law schools are super assertive about the vast majority of their space being dedicated space. The library itself won't take up a whole block but I think you guys are seriously "misunderestimating" how large a law library is. Also, the classrooms are huge as has been pointed out and law schools tend to have a shitton of faculty that need their own offices. In addition, many schools contain "clinics" which sound tiny and cute untill you consider that they are fully operational midsized law firms. Add in a moot court room, an event hall, and lounges and pretty soon we're talking real space.
Take a look at this
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adamsjp2010/3051031169/ to get an idea. The school stretches from the neo-classical building in the front to the five story building in the background. Also
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http...1&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0&tx=66&ty=79 (building in foreground not yet complete).
You realy think ASU is going to go denser than either?
I don't know of a single law school in the country where the law libary and classrooms arn't within walking distance.
To the above, yah, planning on contacting alums at firms. There arn't that many alums of my law school that work in PHX although there are a good number of alums of my undergrad's LS (also very highly regarded) that do. I might try that as well.
I am aware of USA jobs. I am also aware of how much it 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵. I was hoping to find a better way.