Quote:
Originally Posted by cabotp
If the B-Line routes don't take them or help to take them to where they want to go and people choose to ride other routes. Whose to say an RRT or LRT system will take people where they want to go. If the system doesn't go where people in Surrey need to go than it will have been a pointless exercise.
At least with a B-line route they can alway change it. Maybe add a stop or remove a stop. Once ridership is really established then look at building something more permanent. I'm not talking about having the B-Line 10 years from now but for tomorrow. Chances are we won't be seeing any construction for the next 5 years. So use those 5 years to see what RRT or LRT route should get first.
I would get two B-Lines one going down King George, the other down Fraser Hwy. I would put the stops where the future RRT or LRT stops would be. Which ever line has the most ridership in the next 5-10 years gets to the front of the line for RRT or LRT expansion in Surrey.
|
I don't see how BRT vs. regular bus has a big enough difference, whereas when you consider the RRT vs LRT difference and how both options are rather more capable to restructure some major routes... well, yeah. I would support BRT in the short term, but I'm not necessarily believing that it would succeed to improve our current situations.
And what's that, you wouldn't even consider a lowly BRT at all for Guildford!? Surely we can't survive with our current options for any more years
I mean, the reason 321 and 502 are the most travelled routes is because they are the most suggested. You actually have 5 choice of routes (321-325) going to Newton, 4 choice of routes (320, 501-502, 590) to Langley (3 of which already go through Guildford) and at least 6 (320, 326, 332, 335, 501, C74) to Guildford. We should be looking with attention to detail at the combined-route traffic patterns between town centres rather than how busy a single route is.