Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG
i don't know about rezoning but the ones we saw were single family dwellings - knocked down and replaced with a a house that looked basically the same size but could house 4 families - it was made to look like it had a single entry - the second entry was tucked on the side and the basement suite entries were also tucked out of sight and the basement suites were sold as separate and not as mortage helpers to the buyers in the main suites
maybe the zoning is already in place in these areas and its up to people to sell and than whatever goes on happens finally
I just remember parking seems to get worse and worse as more people are squeezed into a street
|
Ya the zoning is already there. RS-1 allows this.
In the house that I saw built. The front door goes up stairs. Then the basement suites are accessed by two rear doors. There is also a stair case to access a back door on the upper level. Probably for fire reasons on this one. The laneway house has a door facing the lane.
I know another house was built it doesn't have a laneway house but I believe it has at least 2 dwellings in the house. The property is only 50x80 so it is too short for a laneway house.
As for parking I kind of see a benefit to it. If people have no place to park their cars. They might give up owning one.
If not people are going to start demanding that underground parking lots should be built on the properties. Although I don't think the city would allow that in the area I live.