A few photos from the day. Considering the weather we had quite the turn out with hundreds of cobs given away and many new downtown residents sign up for memberships!
Special thanks to 104st Sobeys for their donations and assistance.
The Salsa king of the midwest
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish
Uptown looks great from that angle. I'd love to see some interior pics to see what the finishing looks like. I think someone on here has a unit, no?
__________________
Cities are the most extraordinary human creation. They are this phenomenon which has unbelievable capacity to solve problems, to innovate, to invent, to create prosperity, to make change and continually reform. - Ken Greenburg
Drove down 112th with my boys today as we were on are way to look at houses and the river valley........they thought 112 looked good lol. Needless to say we had a lengthy conversation!! Teach them young. But It was a beautiful day in Edmonton. Love this city.
Uptown looks great from that angle. I'd love to see some interior pics to see what the finishing looks like. I think someone on here has a unit, no?
I live in the Uptown, but my unit's currently in a bit of a shambles. Once I'm finished redoing my living room I'll snap a full set of the place all done up.
__________________
Cities are the most extraordinary human creation. They are this phenomenon which has unbelievable capacity to solve problems, to innovate, to invent, to create prosperity, to make change and continually reform. - Ken Greenburg
Went into the valley for a walk this weekend, the colors are incredible. about the only problem was the battery on my camera was crapped out and no spare with me. But what is locked in my brain, wow you got to see this.
__________________
Why complain about the weather? Its always going to be here. You on the other hand will not.
I found 2 pretty amazing places to shoot the skyline this weekend... will do next.
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish
Entered the Valley just off Valleyview Cres. Get a great look at ED Clinic. judging by one of your shots Cold, I figured McKinnon bridge or Mackenzie bridge.
__________________
Why complain about the weather? Its always going to be here. You on the other hand will not.
Took a bike ride out yesterday, through Mill Creek, and then back home via Cloverdale. Loved Mill Creek, what a spectacular area. Can't believe it's another beautiful natural feature of this city that someone wanted to plow a freeway through. Man did we ever dodge the bullet on that METS plan.
I have more pictures than these of the creek and ravine, but thought I'd start with a handful of the ones that didn't need much processing:
The colours on this one aren't from post-processing, but rather the awesome LED lighting in the pool in front of the Muttart.
^I probably drove by the Seminary twice in my life prior to this reno/expansion and have been by a dozen or so times now in the last 2 yrs.
Looks amazing.
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish
Says the guy who burns the time and date on the front of his picture like they're outta a mid 80's Minolta like what granny has.
You all will appreciate that in 25yrs when we have our reunion and want to know when things were when.
P.S - pints soon
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish