HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive


    One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

• Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

• Map Location
• New York Projects & Construction Forum

 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #10121  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2010, 2:12 AM
Zensteeldude Zensteeldude is offline
Honored Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjb001 View Post
Hey Zensteeldude, on the previous page I posted a question and someone said you'd probably know the answer. Anyway, when are they gonna start cladding the facade? Are they waiting to finish a certain number of floors before they start?
uaarkson answered your question and I have no further info on when.

If I do not respond to a specific question it usually because I consider that question already answered, intelligently, by another member.
     
     
  #10122  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2010, 2:26 AM
sw5710 sw5710 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,519
I thought that 16 office floors had to be up before cladding was to start. Then october.
     
     
  #10123  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2010, 9:32 AM
Domamania's Avatar
Domamania Domamania is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Brewster NY
Posts: 240
I was wondering which building is and was structurely stronger, like which building could withstand more punishment, Original Tower1 or Tower 1V2.
     
     
  #10124  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2010, 12:00 PM
NYguy's Avatar
NYguy NYguy is offline
New Yorker for life
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Borough of Jersey
Posts: 57,258
     
     
  #10125  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2010, 1:19 PM
xnyr xnyr is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 362
Steel Fabrication 101

Thanks Dchan and Zensteeldude foe the engineering tutorial.

Now I'm ready to design my first bridge!


Phoenix columns - Wikipedia.org
     
     
  #10126  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2010, 4:13 PM
OneWorldTradeCenter's Avatar
OneWorldTradeCenter OneWorldTradeCenter is offline
Editor
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Renningen, Germany
Posts: 1,201
Great updates guys! Keep 'em coming!
     
     
  #10127  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2010, 4:46 PM
Totojuice's Avatar
Totojuice Totojuice is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 91
Slider Crane Update

Not sure if this has been covered, but I met up with a friend who is a steel worker on the trade center this weekend and got details about the slider crane on the north east corner:

1. It will run all the way up to the 80th floor
2. Is designed to carry the rebar used in the concrete floors

(He had never seen this technique used before).
     
     
  #10128  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2010, 4:50 PM
OneWorldTradeCenter's Avatar
OneWorldTradeCenter OneWorldTradeCenter is offline
Editor
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Renningen, Germany
Posts: 1,201
Wtcprogress.com Webcam update

     
     
  #10129  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2010, 6:06 PM
Bucktown718's Avatar
Bucktown718 Bucktown718 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 296
DinoVabec From SSC posted Screen shots from new animation.

     
     
  #10130  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2010, 6:26 PM
hunser's Avatar
hunser hunser is offline
don't *meddle*...
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New York City / Wien
Posts: 4,016
holy moly!
do you know the source?
     
     
  #10131  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2010, 6:46 PM
Don098 Don098 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rosslyn, VA
Posts: 1,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post
holy moly!
do you know the source?
That video has been on the site for a while now....see post 9883 from 9/11/10
     
     
  #10132  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2010, 7:35 PM
hunser's Avatar
hunser hunser is offline
don't *meddle*...
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New York City / Wien
Posts: 4,016
lol thanks, italian TV...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onn View Post
     
     
  #10133  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2010, 8:24 PM
rich_200's Avatar
rich_200 rich_200 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Mexico City
Posts: 4,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucktown718 View Post
Amazing job, this one actually looks real!
     
     
  #10134  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2010, 9:02 PM
Onn Onn is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The United States
Posts: 1,937
Other than 7WTC somehow completely got lost in translation.
     
     
  #10135  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2010, 10:45 PM
Don098 Don098 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rosslyn, VA
Posts: 1,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onn View Post
Other than 7WTC somehow completely got lost in translation.
You're right! I think it's just the angle though because in the far-off shot you can see it
     
     
  #10136  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2010, 11:05 PM
Bucktown718's Avatar
Bucktown718 Bucktown718 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 296
I remember some people in here mentioned that the glass of 1wtc will be same as the glass of 7wtc. Well judging by this screen shot, it looks like that 1wtc glass will be completely different from 7wtc glass.
     
     
  #10137  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2010, 12:21 AM
Onn Onn is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The United States
Posts: 1,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucktown718 View Post
I remember some people in here mentioned that the glass of 1wtc will be same as the glass of 7wtc. Well judging by this screen shot, it looks like that 1wtc glass will be completely different from 7wtc glass.
Yeah, no. I don't know who started that rumor but I don't see any evidence of that either. I mean we already have the (supposed) glass, its look vastly different.
     
     
  #10138  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2010, 12:26 AM
J.M.'s Avatar
J.M. J.M. is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 174
Haha, that's not actually 7 WTC in the shot, it's a rendering of it far from accurate.
     
     
  #10139  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2010, 12:36 AM
NYguy's Avatar
NYguy NYguy is offline
New Yorker for life
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Borough of Jersey
Posts: 57,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucktown718 View Post
I remember some people in here mentioned that the glass of 1wtc will be same as the glass of 7wtc. Well judging by this screen shot, it looks like that 1wtc glass will be completely different from 7wtc glass.
The glass on the Freedom Tower is supposed to be more "whitish", if that makes any sense. Also, there is a mockup posted here. Silverstein initially said all of his towers would have the same glass, but I believe that has changed, particularly with Tower 4.
     
     
  #10140  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2010, 12:47 AM
dchan's Avatar
dchan dchan is offline
No grabbing my banana!
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: 10021
Posts: 2,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnyr View Post
Thanks Dchan and Zensteeldude foe the engineering tutorial.

Now I'm ready to design my first bridge!
I realized today that although I kept referring to "thermal stresses" in my last post, I actually meant "residual stresses". Sorry about that - it's been a while since my last steel design class.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:29 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.