HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #41  
Old Posted Sep 8, 2010, 6:01 PM
theWatusi's Avatar
theWatusi theWatusi is offline
Resident Jackass
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Your Mom's House
Posts: 9,270
I understand the speed limitation, but that still doesn't convince me there should be a stop there.
__________________
"...remember first on me than these balls in airports" - MK
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #42  
Old Posted Sep 8, 2010, 6:26 PM
Nexis4Jersey's Avatar
Nexis4Jersey Nexis4Jersey is offline
Greetings from New Jersey
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 3,386
I'll have to ask my Amtrak conductor friend , but i think its one of the top 5 Buseit Acela Boarding stations. All the railways in the state JCT in Newark or near Newark. 2 Future Amtrak Intercity services will be added to Newark Penn Station or the Newark Hub.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #43  
Old Posted Sep 8, 2010, 6:54 PM
theWatusi's Avatar
theWatusi theWatusi is offline
Resident Jackass
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Your Mom's House
Posts: 9,270
The ridership figures were already posted in this thread.

I feel like I'm arguing with a birck wall.
__________________
"...remember first on me than these balls in airports" - MK
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #44  
Old Posted Sep 8, 2010, 7:08 PM
Nexis4Jersey's Avatar
Nexis4Jersey Nexis4Jersey is offline
Greetings from New Jersey
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 3,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by theWatusi View Post
The ridership figures were already posted in this thread.

I feel like I'm arguing with a birck wall.
Well give me a few days to get the Acela Ridership figure's , and total Ridership figure's......I'm saying Newark is a major hub , so why leave it out? Yes its close to NYC so? Its major hub mostly for NJT , Amtrak is kinda small. But Future Wise Amtrak looks like it will grow in Newark and when they add 2 new Amtrak services into Newark it will rise up higher then Wilmington. I feel like my intelligence as a rail fanner is being attacked. I know more about the Northeast corridor mostly around NYC region then probably most of you , i have the future track , speed and station plans and service changes.........I have most of the future plans in NJ - PA - NY - CT - MA - RI - VT - NH - ME so i know everything thats happening in this region.... Newark and several other cities will become bigger hubs then what they are today , primary in the Amtrak dept.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #45  
Old Posted Sep 8, 2010, 10:00 PM
kilbride102 kilbride102 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE Philly
Posts: 226
^ Thats why Newark should still use regional rail. Use the Amtrak or NJT to get to Penn Station (NYC) to get on the HSR. HSR will only thrive if it can get people to the larger cities quicker than plane or car. Adding more stops slows trains down. More opportunity for delays when you have more stops.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:19 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.