Quote:
Originally Posted by lrt's friend
Now you understand why I am so upset with all this business of building Transitways and then converting them to LRT. It is recipe for rapid transit disruptions forever. We keep building more Transitways and then we plan on converting them later. This is insane. Any other city, simply chooses. Is it BRT, LRT or HRT on a particular corridor? Then stick with it. If you want some interim measure, do something cheap, like bus lanes and signal priorities. Look at what Calgary does. It is like we ignore their success in designing our rapid transit system.
I have a lot of reasons for not liking Clive Doucet, but his comments about our transit plan being really a bus plan is bang on.
|
It is a bus plan, truly and truly, what is going to happen when we have to close down the rail system for track maintenance for a month... so everyone downtown would have to put up for a month worth of disruptions except, without having the transitway from Tunneys through to Blair... oh crikeee I am not looking forward to that, get me my car keys