Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsvillenative
I walked down to the end where they have a fence around it to keep people out. From that rendering it will look really nice when completed. What they should do is run it underground over to Constellation.
I have heard for a while now that there's plans to expand Big Spring Park southward where the office plaza is now and create more open public space which is really needed. More people are starting to venture to downtown.
There's talk of building a museum district around BSP with a state-of-the-art science museum being an ideal attraction.
I really wish they would do something with the Holiday Inn too. Tear it down and build a newer and taller upscale hotel to compliment the Embassy. It's too small for such a location. Hard to believe that Elvis once statyed there for as big a star as he was.
|
Your thoughts on the Holiday Inn are probably more accurate than not.
Something will be done to that property, when is the question.
I would like to see a greenway created/extended north as well to the train depot. It could be a well landscaped strip with fountains, good lighting,
seating and info kiosks about Huntsville. Tear down the awful building
across from the Regions building and put a high rise with the greenway part of that block.