HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #8801  
Old Posted Jul 8, 2010, 12:03 AM
BrandonJXN's Avatar
BrandonJXN BrandonJXN is offline
Ascension
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Riverside, California
Posts: 5,420
     
     
  #8802  
Old Posted Jul 8, 2010, 12:22 AM
sopas ej's Avatar
sopas ej sopas ej is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Pasadena, California
Posts: 8,202
I felt it while sitting on my couch.
     
     
  #8803  
Old Posted Jul 8, 2010, 2:37 PM
JDRCRASH JDRCRASH is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Gabriel Valley
Posts: 8,100
And I felt it while laying on my bed trying to rest from a hard day's work.
     
     
  #8804  
Old Posted Jul 8, 2010, 6:35 PM
LosAngelesSportsFan's Avatar
LosAngelesSportsFan LosAngelesSportsFan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 7,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRCRASH View Post
And I felt it while laying on my bed trying to rest from a hard day's work.
Thats what she said
     
     
  #8805  
Old Posted Jul 8, 2010, 8:46 PM
sopas ej's Avatar
sopas ej sopas ej is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Pasadena, California
Posts: 8,202
From the Los Angeles Times:

Southern California Gas agrees to stay in Gas Co. Tower in downtown L.A.

Gas utility will remain in its signature building for the next 15 years. Real estate industry analysts had been watching to see whether it would bail out on troubled landlord MPG Office Trust.



By Roger Vincent, Los Angeles Times
July 8, 2010

Suspense over whether the Gas Co. Tower in downtown Los Angeles will remain the headquarters of Southern California Gas Co. is over: The big utility is staying put in its signature tower for the next 15 years.

Real estate industry analysts had been watching to see whether the gas company would bail out on troubled landlord MPG Office Trust Inc., formerly Maguire Properties Inc., and move its offices elsewhere.

Southern California Gas said Wednesday that it would keep its more than 1,300 employees in 350,000 square feet in the building at 555 W. Fifth St., where it has been the anchor tenant since the tower was completed in 1991. The 50-story skyscraper was designed by Pasadena architect Richard Keating with the gas company in mind — its tapered blue-glass crown is intended to evoke the image of a gas flame...

Southern California Gas agrees to stay in Gas Co. Tower in downtown L.A.
     
     
  #8806  
Old Posted Jul 9, 2010, 5:34 PM
Hubris Hubris is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 55
In case there are any development enthusiasts on here who don't already browse Curbed:

http://la.curbed.com/archives/2010/07/na...ows_off_its_renovated_beauxarts_self.php


The Expo Line and renovated NHM will go a long way towards linking Expo Park to downtown as the southern anchor of the Figueroa corridor. Entertainment to the north (in South Park) and education to the south (in Expo Park).
     
     
  #8807  
Old Posted Jul 9, 2010, 10:27 PM
BrandonJXN's Avatar
BrandonJXN BrandonJXN is offline
Ascension
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Riverside, California
Posts: 5,420
w00t! Moving back to LA.

.....

What is there to do in Culver City? Lol.
     
     
  #8808  
Old Posted Jul 9, 2010, 10:40 PM
JDRCRASH JDRCRASH is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Gabriel Valley
Posts: 8,100
How did you like Tuscan?
     
     
  #8809  
Old Posted Jul 9, 2010, 10:48 PM
BrandonJXN's Avatar
BrandonJXN BrandonJXN is offline
Ascension
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Riverside, California
Posts: 5,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRCRASH View Post
How did you like Tuscan?
You mean Tucson? I hated it. Why do you think I'm moving back?
     
     
  #8810  
Old Posted Jul 9, 2010, 10:48 PM
LAsam LAsam is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeHundred View Post
w00t! Moving back to LA.

.....

What is there to do in Culver City? Lol.
Honeys Kettle Fried Chicken!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/honeys-kettle-fried-chicken-culver-city

     
     
  #8811  
Old Posted Jul 9, 2010, 10:49 PM
JDRCRASH JDRCRASH is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Gabriel Valley
Posts: 8,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeHundred View Post
You mean Tucson? I hated it. Why do you think I'm moving back?
Because housing prices have cratered? I'm not you, so I don't know.

And thanks for the spelling correction (But gee, I wonder if you quoted me to make everyone see the mistake? ).
     
     
  #8812  
Old Posted Jul 9, 2010, 10:51 PM
BrandonJXN's Avatar
BrandonJXN BrandonJXN is offline
Ascension
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Riverside, California
Posts: 5,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRCRASH View Post
Because housing prices have cratered.

BTW, thanks for the spelling correction.
Uh...no?

I hate Tucson because there is absolutely nothing to do. No jobs. No prospects. Nothing. It is far too hot out here to sit around and do nothing all day. So, by the 1st, I'll be back in LA.
     
     
  #8813  
Old Posted Jul 9, 2010, 11:35 PM
RAlossi RAlossi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeHundred View Post
Uh...no?

I hate Tucson because there is absolutely nothing to do. No jobs. No prospects. Nothing. It is far too hot out here to sit around and do nothing all day. So, by the 1st, I'll be back in LA.
Well, let me pre-welcome you back to LA. Whatever happened to those SSP meetups in the Historic Core??
     
     
  #8814  
Old Posted Jul 10, 2010, 12:17 AM
BrandonJXN's Avatar
BrandonJXN BrandonJXN is offline
Ascension
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Riverside, California
Posts: 5,420
There was only that one that EVERYBODY showed up at Lost Souls at that was a few years ago.
     
     
  #8815  
Old Posted Jul 10, 2010, 2:43 AM
LosAngelesBeauty's Avatar
LosAngelesBeauty LosAngelesBeauty is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 6,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeHundred View Post
There was only that one that EVERYBODY showed up at Lost Souls at that was a few years ago.
That was when I still worked at the DCBID, so it was back in 2005 or 2006 I believe? Yeah, I think we should do another MEAT UP soon!

This time, edluva and citywatch should come! HA!
     
     
  #8816  
Old Posted Jul 10, 2010, 6:40 AM
colemonkee's Avatar
colemonkee colemonkee is offline
Ridin' into the sunset
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,289
^ Indeed. Finally putting a face to the citywatch and edluva names would be a treat. I'm down for a Historic Core meetup. The neighborhood has changed quite a bit since our last one. Speaking of changes, the sunken courtyard at the Medallion was open for the Art Walk last night, and had several food trucks and a band playing music. It's not a bad space, and I see it getting some reasonably good use during lunch hour and on weekends.
     
     
  #8817  
Old Posted Jul 10, 2010, 4:51 PM
dktshb's Avatar
dktshb dktshb is offline
Environmental Sabotage
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco/ Los Angeles/ Tahoe
Posts: 5,145
^ To me the medallion looks more like a school than a residential development but I am not hating it as much as I thought I would. I think with the green space and the retail area it will be much more inviting once it is all finished.
     
     
  #8818  
Old Posted Jul 13, 2010, 3:56 AM
DistrictDirt's Avatar
DistrictDirt DistrictDirt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlossi View Post
Well, let me pre-welcome you back to LA. Whatever happened to those SSP meetups in the Historic Core??
A meetup would be great! As a (relative) newcomer, I haven't met any of you besides KoTH, and it would be great to be able to put faces to names.
     
     
  #8819  
Old Posted Jul 13, 2010, 5:46 AM
RAlossi RAlossi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,573
Yeah, I'm all about a meetup. Any dates anyone wants to throw out?
     
     
  #8820  
Old Posted Jul 13, 2010, 8:47 PM
BrandonJXN's Avatar
BrandonJXN BrandonJXN is offline
Ascension
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Riverside, California
Posts: 5,420
The end of the month like the 31st maybe? It's on a Saturday.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:53 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.