HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Portland Photos

Old Posted Jun 27, 2010, 8:48 PM

Portland at Twilight Large Panorama

Ironically it has taken the longest time to capture a panorama that I am happy with for a location at home in Portland. It may be because I take it for granted that this location is so close, that I have not been successful sooner. Press the button on the right to go full screen and then zoom in and out using the mouse scroll wheel or plus and minus buttons. Click and drag with the mouse, or use the directional buttons on the screen.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2010, 12:51 AM

Beautiful! Thanks a lot!

Old Posted Jun 28, 2010, 3:49 AM
=)

well done, currently im rocking a couple dslrs, i love that spot, i may check it out =D

Stop building out, start building up, BUT DO IT RIGHT the first time....so we dont have to come back and fix our mistakes 50 years from now.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2010, 6:20 AM

Thanks! That's a great location to take a panorama. It looks great!

Old Posted Jun 28, 2010, 8:53 AM
A before E

There are several great spots all along the West Hills to take photos of downtown, I always enjoy walking up through that area when the weather is nice. Though I must say one of my most favorite skyline view is on the Hawthorne right before getting to the I-5. That is one of the few really big city feelings that this city has.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2010, 2:34 PM

Photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife View Post
There are several great spots all along the West Hills to take photos of downtown, I always enjoy walking up through that area when the weather is nice. Though I must say one of my most favorite skyline view is on the Hawthorne right before getting to the I-5. That is one of the few really big city feelings that this city has.
If you get the chance could you take a photo from that vantage point & share with us?
Thanks.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2010, 12:10 AM
Submarine de Nucléar

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife View Post
I know exactly where that is, too. Particularly nice about an hour after sunset, when the lights are really bright (usually winter). Too bad I don't have an SLR, as I can't really photograph it with my crappy camera!

Old Posted Jun 29, 2010, 7:14 AM

Cross street for view that you want

Would you be able to communicate which location you are interested in more specifically and what aspects you apreciate and want to emphasize? I will look for a good shot from the area if you are able to give me more info.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...8.478,87.712,0

Old Posted Jun 30, 2010, 7:12 PM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castillonis View Post
Would you be able to communicate which location you are interested in more specifically and what aspects you apreciate and want to emphasize? I will look for a good shot from the area if you are able to give me more info.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...8.478,87.712,0
A great location

It is the little road that snakes up that doesnt have a street view because it is a little gated neighborhood that you can walk through. The road actually goes up much higher than this because they were gonna divide it all up and build homes up there, but thanks to the housing market it is just cleared land with an amazing view looking north. The best time to get a great shot from there is when we have those amazingly clear days and you can see all the mountains as well. Which is a reason why I havent really gone up there in a while to take shots from there because of how crappy our weather has been up until recently.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Portland Photos